China refuses to release Gini coefficient

Discussion in 'Economics' started by turkeyneck, Jan 18, 2012.

1. The average life span of a Chinese millionaire is only 48.
    They're killed mysteriously in China.

2. clacy

clacy

I'm not sure you can trust any data that China puts out anyway. That entire country/economy is one giant smoke & mirror scheme, IMO. It will come crashing down at some point and it won't be good for anyone when it does.

3. you might be right but then au property will crash.

however, looking how HK survived 70% fall in property after english gentlemen left, i see this only as a temporary setback for chinese. you are aware they have the longest history and are better at playing politcs than anyone, right?

4. Unlike the West they don't place much importance on statistics that make them feel good. Getting things done outweighs holding a meeting. There is a different philosophy completion is paramount. The state government sets thier own standards of what should be and the West can play in thier own sandbox.

Welcome to Planet Misery,

Akuma

5. clacy

clacy

I hear this all the time, but I'm not buying it. Many of their people still live in abject poverty. The average rural Chinese worker earns about $200usd/month. I don't really care if they have a 500 year plan frankly. Many countries or regions can point to a time of cultural dominance. That doesn't usually extrapolate to infinity.

Remember when Rome ruled the world? Now Italy is a laughing stock.

I'm not saying that China is some joke or won't be a major player in the world, as obviously they are an awakening giant, but my point is they put out a lot of propaganda, and I think they are in for some major bumps in the road in the relative medium term.