china raises interest rates

Discussion in 'Economics' started by tivthetrader, Feb 8, 2011.

1. John. Quit screwing up a perfectly good thread.

This is about a China rate hike....not the Reagan administration. Are you dumb? That's like going into the Superbowl looking for a basketball game.

I felt like contributing but now i'm fed up with your bullshit.

#11     Feb 8, 2011
  2. Bullshit ? :confused:

I'll see you soon in the bread line, I'll see you with binoculars that is.

I won't be in the bread line myself, I happen to have a mind that works.

#12     Feb 8, 2011
  3. S2007S

S2007S

Third increase since October, who would have thought, guess Bubble ben bernankes easy money policies are taking the entire world for the inflation ride!!!!

But there isn't any inflation, right?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

#13     Feb 8, 2011
  4. piezoe

piezoe

Excellent for the U.S. Economy. The market will like this! If the market is down today it has to do with yesterday, not the Chinese rate increase, the latter is good for the economy. If it were bad the market would fall precipitously. It won't.

The Chinese market my take a bit of a hit however. Watch your china stock closely.

#14     Feb 8, 2011
  5. ... but not necessarily for US asset prices?

Am no expert, but what's wrong with the following chain of cause and effect ...

Chinese rates higher; so ...
    Chinese saving higher; so ...
    Chinese domestic currency supply increases, and Chinese foreign currency surplus decreases; so ...
    Chinese have less foreign currency to invest in US assets; so ...
    Less demand for US assets; so ...
    US asset prices fall.

#15     Feb 8, 2011
  6. Right now, everything is good for the us economy. Or at least everything is spun that way. China raises rates, thats good. Job number is soft. Thats good. Unemployment rate goes down via hocus pocus with the numbers, thats good too.

We are near the end of this move. I will probably miss the move down, cause i miss all the big moves it seems. But when every piece of bad news gets construed as good, we are always days away.

Bernake lies to the public straight out, everybody knows it, but everybody is afraid to tell the emperor that he has no clothes on.

#16     Feb 8, 2011
  7. spindr0

spindr0

In about 20 years, China will be considering whether to grant the United States most favoured nation status :)

#17     Feb 8, 2011
  8. In about 20 years in the chinese version of Bonanza, the houseboys name will be named John Smith, and it will be the Chungwright ranch.

The problem with posting this is that the majority of you guys never watched Bonanza.

#18     Feb 8, 2011
  9. piezoe

piezoe

Or alternatively, months away. :D

#19     Feb 8, 2011
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

says the artist previously known as ckid

#20     Feb 8, 2011