China pushes back against US sanctions with new rules

Discussion in 'Economics' started by themickey, Jan 11, 2021.

1. VicBee

VicBee

2. JSOP

JSOP

I did. I presented an entire Wikipedia article, research by scholars. And if you keep dismissing well-researched material by university professors, then we have nothing to talk about. I understand you need to do what your communist party tells you to do to spread propaganda here so that's ok.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
    #82     Apr 28, 2021
  3. JSOP

JSOP

Oh those we know. These are nothing new. Edward Snowdon has already revealed a great deal about the NSA operation. Everybody in the world knows that now. Lockheed Martin is a known Pentagon contractor for years. And NSA inadvertently spied on ally countries like listening in on Angela Merkel's cellphones (well technically Germany is not an ally country but things change). The issue is transparency and disclosure. People get informed here so people can judge accordingly.

The problem with Huawei is transparency. Everything is shrouded with secrecy. If you have nothing to hide, why keep everything about this trade union committee so secret, the internal governance procedures of this committee, its members, its leaders or how they are selected as secret especially when this trade union committee controls 99% of the company? What are you so afraid of disclosing? It's because it is controlled by the Chinese government and the military. That's the only reason.

#83     Apr 28, 2021
  4. VicBee

VicBee

Lol... Wikipedia is your intelligence source? Don't get me wrong, I like Wikipedia but try using it as a source for even a college poli sci paper and get ready for an assistance prof scolding.
    As for the guy "proving" Chinese military control of Huawei because 3 resumes he found show past military work.... it's ridiculous.

#84     Apr 29, 2021
    canada812 likes this.
  5. JSOP

JSOP

You scold what you want. We know what we see or not allowed to be seen. And we will adjust accordingly. :)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
    #85     Apr 29, 2021
  6. VicBee

VicBee

7. Overnight

Overnight

That always had me wondering. Where do college students get up-to-date information on any issues? Do they still go to a library that has books, the way they did it in the old days?

Are 10-YO library books a good source of information for today's college students?

If they cannot use Wikipedia online, where can they go offline?

#87     May 3, 2021
    Pricechange and derekcastillo like this.
  8. My friend. Colleges have vastly changed since the great days. You can make up many facts as long as it matches the Univ agenda. Then, of course, Wiki does qualify as written in stone in most MODERN colleges. And, as for actual information, god bless those wonderful days, as they are now gone. I have carried forward bookmarks from as far back as 1996, that had articles and papers with extended footnotes and citations on various subjects. These links have slowly been disappeared by google and today most all are non-working links. Attempts to find new links or even search results to the SAME cited and sourced facts have drastically failed. In fact, some of the searched for information has been replaced with articles that bring a whole DIFFERENT set of facts?? Yes, they did destroy the Great Library in Alexandria. And now we know why.

A good A+ paper in todays MODERN colleges consists of making sure your peg is SQUARE and not ROUND. That the colors are correct. And that the tales told have CORRECT angles. And to get into these colleges one must have a friend whom can allow a financial GIFT in size and shape. And yes, Harvard is a MODERN college. I really feel sorry for these kids. I really do.

Even today many of Galileo's papers and citing's are broken links in the "USA". And links to Pythagoras round earth papers in original form are often corrupted and changed. The ancient Persian mathematics, astronomy, physics, chemistry document links and search results have long been CORRECTED to show that these discoveries were actually made by westerners thousands of years later.. Many are citied as having been discovered by Newton around the time of his insanity and fire testing of alchemy. Even today, no one is given access to what patents Einstein was allowed to peruse and deny during his time as head of the Swiss Patent Office. I am sure it was many, as the Germans and Swiss Germans were in the prime of modern physics at the time. Adrian Johns was also curious about the Swiss Patent question and disrupted the old standard. But this too has been disappeared.

But hey, we have amazing access to rap lyrics and pizza ads...thousands upon thousands. So, yea, we got that going for us.

Last edited: May 4, 2021
    #88     May 4, 2021
  9. It is what it is! They are just not ready to accept any foreign restrictions and so they will try to change some rules. We somewhere knew this might come up.

#89     May 6, 2021