China pulls ahead in Stem Cells, U.S. invests in old businesses (autos, finance)

Discussion in 'Economics' started by wilburbear, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Bug off you little dick. Somebody said that GWB and the Religious Right were absolutely correct and vindicated by subsequent events and you got your little panties all in a bunch...

#41     Apr 12, 2009
  2. Sucks to be wrong, doesn't it? But that's the difference between a man and an internet troll. When you realize that this research will take 20, 30, 50, 100 years or more to fully develop and bear fruit, and then you realize how stupid it is to say that 5 years of research proves anything, a man goes 'You know what? That's a good point'.

An illiterate fuckwad internet troll goes 'faggot panties nigger AK-47'.

#42     Apr 12, 2009

3. We had a great chance to cut loose the deadwood in the U.S. economy, and move forward.

Instead we mortgaged some of our future, and doubled down on the bad bet.

#43     Apr 19, 2009
  4. Wow, It appears you have not been to China. Perhaps you would like to go and see firsthand how entrepreneurship is alive and doing very well. Something I can't say the same for here in the US.

You DO understand that in this world economic downturn that China is still probably going to grow 6%+ this year right??

Best to you

RW

#44     Apr 19, 2009
  5. The biggest mistake people make is looking at Western countries and developing countries superficially.

People come into China and see all those sky scrapers and starbucks on the corner and think China is no different from a modern western state. Problem is, you can build a sky scraper in Kazakhstan and it would mean exactly nothing.

Fact of the matter is, China is the world's sweatshop. Its population is used by companies from other countries to produce various goods.

I don't like GDP for great many reasons partly because it does not differentiate between a home company doing business in your country and a foreign company doing business in your country.

If you take out all the economic activity done by foreign companies you will find that China's economy is not so big after all.

China destroyed its nature in a mad rush to industrialize. Air quality in Beijing and elsewhere is awful. Water is polluted etc, etc.

China's road structure pales in comparison to US interstate system. China's banking system is not particularly good.

What makes a modern western state is not so much skyscrapers and starbucks, but RELATIONS BETWEEN INDIVIDUAL AND THE STATE AND BETWEEN INDIVIDUALS

We have due process and rule of law and they don't. All the malls and sky scrapers are fleeting and superficial.

#45     Apr 19, 2009
  6. Eight

Eight

I agree with the sweatshop statement, Chinese workers work fairly cheap. They actually outsource to India, so they are not the absolute masters of cheap at this point. They have a long way to go in that country, currently 80% of waterways have raw sewage in them. That tells me a good bit about what the ruling class there thinks of the average worker..

#46     Apr 19, 2009
  7. Eight

Eight

Soo.... what's really eating you here.. you started your little rant posts on Easter Sunday... you are just a tad out of step with reality and the culture around you... and that part about "faggot panties nigger AK-47"... wow, you have to be sort of an autistic little bastard really, I've worked with a couple of them, nobody can value their own self worth and meager talents like those jerks...

I just can't stop diagnosing people and I get it right a lot nowadays...

#47     Apr 19, 2009
  8. I have been on this forum since 2005.
    IShopAtPublix is the most idiot poster I have ever seen here.
    He makes the simplest investment error which is equate value and opportunity with perfection. Even worse, the "perfection" in just a perfection in his point view, heavily biased by his political point of view. On Ignore

#48     Apr 19, 2009