China owns America? : Chinese Professor

Discussion in 'Economics' started by MohdSalleh, Oct 31, 2010.

1. I thought they keep the proceeds in debt form rather than the cash in order to hedge against dollar devaluation and their deposit bank running out of business.

#21     Nov 1, 2010
  2. Could you name one nation in human history that manipulated its own currency on the UP-side, and was a failure?

#22     Nov 1, 2010
  3. zdreg

zdreg

they took a risk by buying crap US paper. in the mean time they kept their economy humming along. it does not look like a bad exchange especially if they let out the $US ballon slowly. in either case china is a winner as the US is sinking into 2nd world status.

#23     Nov 1, 2010
  4. That "crap" has been in a bull market for 30 years (until end of august). It was a smart move by china to the buy the US paper.

I would be interested to know if after August, whether they are net buyers or net sellers of paper.

#24     Nov 1, 2010
  5. bullcrap. The US stock market is likely to be the best market in the world going in the next few years. The BRICs will fall on peoples heads.

#25     Nov 1, 2010
  6. zdreg

zdreg

it is incorrect to assume that china is dependent on the US for it continued prosperity. there are growing nations in the 3rd world and other parts of asia who can afford chinese goods. other prospering nations of Asia are also fast growing economic partners.

#26     Nov 1, 2010
  7. Will the war include nukes..?

#27     Nov 2, 2010
  8. the war will most likely be fought in middle east. US will support israel and China/Russia will support Iran. Meanwhile, the US and China will continue to trade with each other occasionally engaging in currency battles.

#28     Nov 2, 2010
  9. hehehe you really think so
    I mean I hope so, money can be printed and with that money more printing machines can be bought :D

#29     Nov 2, 2010
  10. mahadiga

mahadiga

#30     Nov 4, 2010