China owns America? : Chinese Professor

Discussion in 'Economics' started by MohdSalleh, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Complete idiotic ad. If you own bonds you got nothing. Bonds are not backed by collateral future income streams. IF USA defaults, China gets the short end.

For many years to come, China will depend on America (1) to buy things they produce (2) to stay away from inflation. The FED policy is reasonable. They are just pumbing in the Economy all the cash Chinese took away and never reinvested in US economy but only in bonds so they can get interest on top of the trade deficit game. They achieved all that by manipulating their currency. Thus, I will add

Great nations also fail because they manipulate their currency and China is a candidate for failure.

#11     Nov 1, 2010
  2. Hmm wonder how far they will take these ads. Do you rememebr that song they had for american chinese back in school? it went something like...

Ching Chong, Chinaman,
    Sitting on a wall.
    Along came a white man,
    And chopped his tail off

Wonder if that will get on TV one day.

#12     Nov 1, 2010
  3. The Chinese has been con into slave producing cheap goods for the West. The US debt they own will soon be almost worthless as Ben keeps the printing press going. I hate to see them so dumb!

#13     Nov 1, 2010
  4. bpcnabe

bpcnabe

Same shit was said over 20 years ago about Japan, but most of you were not born yet or too young to remember the hysteria.

And how did that turn out?

#14     Nov 1, 2010
  5. The japanese are a defeated nation and have renounced war forever in their post war constitution, plus Japan wasnt a superpower for 2,000 out of the last 3000 years. That is the difference.

#15     Nov 1, 2010
  6. Japan did not have nukes.

#16     Nov 1, 2010
  7. I get the feeling you are looking forward to the demise of America or to a China-America conflict.

If the Chinese admit to their mistakes and agree to lower their expectations by letting their currency free to float, the trade between China and US can become beneficial to both nations and a steady-state equilibrium in the trade deficit of America in exchange for productivity growth in the service sector can be reached in about one decade of hard work.

Otherwise, do not doubt for a moment that China will take a worse path than Japan. Americans will no longer put up with a continuous decline in their standard of living with the sole aim of making rich the Chinese and a few multinational corporations which are engaged in slave labor there. Americans will vote for the first extreme right wing candidate that shows up and that will not be a good thing to happen. America will enter protectionism, will impose tariffs on imports, currency controls, and I tell you what, Americans will be better off but the rest of the world will suffer.

#17     Nov 1, 2010
  8. But i am agreeing with you. American will never accept second best and that's why a military war will come. The yellow peril will actualize into reality.

I dont know if americans will be better off if theres both a military and financial war. Well, certainly, not all americans. "American-chinese" will be in deep shit.:D

#18     Nov 1, 2010
  9. Mayhem

Mayhem

Nah, I don't remember that one. I remember this one:

Me Chinese
    Me pray joke
    Me put pee-pee in your coke

#19     Nov 1, 2010
  10. zdreg

zdreg

why should the chinese reinvest their export earning in the US? the US economic system is on life support because of government interference in the economy. the government is creating one bubble after another bubble which will lead to the collapse of the dollar.

#20     Nov 1, 2010