China Moves to Save Gaddafi as Russia Warns Of ‘All Out War’

Discussion in 'Economics' started by bearice, Mar 24, 2011.

1. toc

toc

'Look at what happened when the world stood by and let Hitler do his thing.'

You mean invading Russia and killings its civilians and soldiers alike............the world stood by only waiting for Russia to fall but when Russians turned the tide...........the 'sly' fake samatarians jumped into the war and made it a world war.

Mr. G is right, there are Neo-Nazis forwarding the original agenda.......one country at a time. :D :cool:

#51     Mar 25, 2011
  2. I don't think you've read many history books. Makes it hard to debate the subject matter.

#52     Mar 25, 2011
  3. olias

olias

Good point Kass. Endsongs, you have a valid point as well, but how much evidence do you need here?

#53     Mar 25, 2011
  4. olias

olias

I've said it before and I'll say it again: in the real world, the decision on whether to take military action in a given situation or not is based on a combination of principles AND PRAGMATISM.

Look, it's like you're walking down the street and you see some punk is assaulting an old lady, trying to steal her purse. If he's a little runt and you have the ability to put a stop to it, then I think you have an obligation to do so. Or AT THE VERY LEAST you have the RIGHT to do so. I'm not going to criticize you for not 'minding your own business'.

Now if that mugger looks pretty tough and you are doubtful that you can easily put a stop to it...then you do what you can, but the point is you're not going to be so quick to jump in. So it goes on the international scale as well.

#54     Mar 25, 2011
  5. Those Janjaweed doing the massacres in Darfur are even less of a "tough guy" than gadaffi, but they massacred 500k people. Let's not talk about firing 100 cruise missles, firing 25 would put an end to it. Why not do it?

#55     Mar 25, 2011
  6. toc

toc

More than 10,000 people die in Africa everyday....yes everyday from hunger or hunger related diseases. Why not do something about that instead of taking actions that raise the prices of oil which futher raises the prices of basic of the basic food items and daily commodities..........this further puts the stress on the poor and poor countries.

NOW THAT IS CALLED SOME NEO NAZI EVILNESS!

#56     Mar 25, 2011
  7. olias

olias

and then what? are we going to set up a new regime from the outside? In principle you are right, but this is lacking the pragmatism of moving on Libya

#57     Mar 25, 2011
  8. olias

olias

dude, we are doing something about hunger in Africa. What a ridiculous comment you have made. I don't even know where to start. I think some of you enjoy throwing stupid arguments in here just to muddy the debate.

I suppose if we did more to end hunger in Africa, you'd be sitting here bitching about why we're not doing anything in Libya. We can't solve all the problems everywhere....obviously.

The point is, how can you criticize the US or NATO taking action here? Clearly they are doing the right thing, with the right intentions. How it turns out? who freakin' knows, but just making the effort sends a much needed message and also gives the world a chance to practice their cooperation skills. Thanks to Gadaffi being a villain the whole world (most of the world) can agree to despise.

#58     Mar 25, 2011
  9. US army spends say 1T to occupy the place and selected companies get assets worth say 200B. Lybia is a poor country so that oil is not worth that much. Lets not add contnuous expenses with protection of assets against upset locals.

US operates at a net loss in these wars so oil is not motivation.

Are these selected companies using their lobbying powers to run this eqaution ? They get 200B worth of assets. They know China russia will do nothing as they happy to watch us bleed.

So evertyone wins, but US.

#59     Mar 25, 2011
  10. toc

toc

olias,

your reasoning does not make sense, go fvck yourself :D

#60     Mar 25, 2011