China Moves to Save Gaddafi as Russia Warns Of ‘All Out War’

Discussion in 'Economics' started by bearice, Mar 24, 2011.

1. olias

olias

we're not talking about Somalia

#31     Mar 25, 2011
  2. olias

olias

#32     Mar 25, 2011
  3. clacy

clacy

Maybe that's for the best. You have probably heard about times in history where Germany "participated" more frequently....:D

#33     Mar 25, 2011
  4. USA crude oil imports by country:

http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub/oil_gas/...ons/company_level_imports/current/import.html

1. Canada
    2. Mexico
    3. Saudi Arabia
    4. Nigeria
    5. Venezuela

#34     Mar 25, 2011
  5. Heh fair point...

But what do they bring to the table for NATO? They want all of the protection that NATO affords, but are not willing to participate in operations with their allies?

#35     Mar 25, 2011
  6. clacy

clacy

I am not a fan of NATO. I would love to see the US end it's support of NATO.

#36     Mar 25, 2011
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

NATO's sole purpose was to protect against the USSR. it follows that since there is no eastern bloc anymore, it should be removed.

#37     Mar 25, 2011
  8. toc

toc

This news item is a BS. It comes from a site that creates its own rumors based on nonsense.

Chinese ship is in the area but mainly to see smooth departure of the Chinese who were working in Libya.

Russia does not have any punch left to fight against US, let alone NATO combined.

#38     Mar 25, 2011
  9. Its support of NATO? I don't think NATO would exist without USA...

That being said, why are you not a fan of NATO?

#39     Mar 25, 2011
  10. olias

olias

That's what I thought on first reading. Whoever the OP is that posted this (I'm too lazy to look back) ...kind of calls into question his credibility. May be time for a new ET handle.

#40     Mar 25, 2011