China Moves to Save Gaddafi as Russia Warns Of ‘All Out War’

Discussion in 'Economics' started by bearice, Mar 24, 2011.

1. olias

olias

I disagree. What makes Libya different is not the oil, although that does give the president easier justification for getting involved. The obvious difference is the strength and viability of the rebellion. In the real world these decisions are based not just on principles but also on pragmatism. Obviously we can't go in and liberate people who don't have anywhere near the organization or mobilization to finish the process of regime change.

#21     Mar 24, 2011
  2. BS. it is not about oil at all.

#22     Mar 24, 2011
  3. It is about oil for Europe. Not oil for US. That is why US initially opposed it and only reluctantly joined.

For those who believe the UN intervention in Somalia was about humanirtarian purposes, that was only part of the reason. Yes, in addition to pirates, Somalia also has oil. US companies had signed contracts with the deposed gov't in somalia before the civil war ousted the gov't.

#23     Mar 24, 2011
  4. I don't understand the purpose of your post. Are you saying only that gov't should plan ahead? I would say that all forms of gov't should do some long term planning.

#24     Mar 24, 2011
  5. Endsongs.....You make the most sense out of all the post.

People, mainly the scum bag left, like the ones posting on ET most of the time, never do their homework. They are clueless on facts and the talk with their ass.

The have no idea that the US imports the majority of oil from Mexico, Canada, Gulf. Sure, we import around 30% (Figures you have to check because they change often) of Arab Oil.

However, the EU is total depended on ARAB OIL, near 80%.

The UK has her North Sea OIL but still imports a lot more than the US from Arab Land.

IRAQ was about OIL in the sense it was about saving the EMU"s ass.

This time, NATO is taking on the head roll.

By the way, this war is unconstitutional and a impeachable offense if congress follows up on, which I doubt cuz they have no balls.

And the IDIOT and CHIEF lies once again!

http://www.nationalreview.com/campaign-spot/262910/obama-no-us-forces-ground-libya-except-those-guys

#25     Mar 24, 2011
  6. the1

the1

You kinda sound like you know your shit on Oil, EMR. Bout the only thing I know about oil is how to trade the blasted futures. Damn profitable instrument if you know how to play it -- long or short :D

#26     Mar 24, 2011
  7. the1

the1

Africa is the most resource rich continent on the planet. Unfortunately for the vast majority of the countries in that continent they lack the knowledge and technology to take advantage of it but I think that's about to change, one way or another. You all remember McCain saying the US would be in the Middle East for the next hundred years, right? It was a bit of a slip for him during the campaign but you can be certain such a thing has been discussed among many a boardroom table, both private and public. He didn't mis-speak. He just said the wrong thing at the wrong time.

#27     Mar 24, 2011
  8. Hello EMR thank ou for the insight.

Do you have an opinion on the Picken's plan? I was reading about it last night on his web site.

Just my far far off opinion: If we do not develop our offshore and other resources, at some point someone else will take them... By force or more likely threat of force. Modern gun boat diplomacy.

#28     Mar 24, 2011
  9. When DOES Germany participate? Why are they in NATO again?

#29     Mar 25, 2011
  10. It was just a spontaneous post that meant nothing.

I recently watched the Seinfeld episode when the kid calls Kramer a "commie!" when Kramer is playing Santa at the mall.

#30     Mar 25, 2011