China May Have Beaten Coronavirus, But Now It Could Be Facing a Food Crisis

Discussion in 'Economics' started by themickey, Apr 5, 2020.

1. ElCubano

ElCubano

Who the hell is buying up all the TOFU?

#11     Apr 5, 2020
  2. The problem is not that there is a food shortage. The bigger problem with food is that the delivery system is showing signs of breaking down. If the virus keeps surging, the delivery system could be severely impacted, which in turn could contribute to the scarcity of many food items, especially if those items are from out of your regional delivery system, or from out of state. The liquor store is even limiting items now.

#12     Apr 5, 2020
  3. S2007S

S2007S

Agree. I know people who cant go a few hours without eating and if they miss a meal they get really worn out and stressed. I can go for 24+ hrs without food or very little to no food and still be my regular self. I do not drink coffee and get maybe 5 hrs a sleep in a night. Many people are not conditioned to eating lightly, they need there 4 meals a day, and yes obesity is rampant here in the US and even after years of information and all the facts of how obesity cuts your lifespan down people still insist on eating and eating and eating. Good thing my BMI is a healthy one!!!

#13     Apr 5, 2020
    VPhantom and trader99 like this.
  4. S2007S

S2007S

Everything is being limited, so far everyone has kept their cool but if this goes on for another 2-3 months I could see people breaking down and start to protest, of course 17 feet apart ....haaaa

#14     Apr 5, 2020
  5. R1234

R1234

maybe this will make the Chinese appreciate vegetarianism/veganism in the future

#15     Apr 5, 2020
  6. keesa

keesa

I think the shortage is due to the shutdown of TOFU manufacturers.

#16     Apr 5, 2020
  7. Trader Curt

Trader Curt

Nah, they keep chickens as pets and eat dogs

#17     Apr 5, 2020
  8. Amun Ra

Amun Ra

I don't think its possible for the US to have a food shortage. We produce way more than we consume. If I remember correctly we produce about 10% of the worlds food supply. We're only 4.2% of the world. We could lose half our crops and there would still be enough for us.

If it got to a point where we were starting to run low on food, that would means 100s of millions have already starved in other countries, which would already lead to wars in those same countries where millions more would be killed.

#18     Apr 5, 2020
  9. toc

toc

It's all over for Covid 19. Ivermectin is the good word.

Australian lab put this anti parasitic drug into test and it killed 99% of virus within 48 hours. This test was outside the human body i.e. in a dish. Few more tests inside the human body and bye bye corona the evil.

Trump made a good call on Hydroycholorquine, but it seems it works much better on those who are diagnosed early and treated quickly. Still, these two meds are already being used so no more FDA type delays should happen.

Still this covid put up a good fight but when the whole humanity came together the evil had to pussy off !!

BTW FOLKS, IVERMECTIN IS A POISON USED TO KILL PARASITES AND WORMS. SO DO NOT TAKE IT WITHOUT CONSULTING A DOCTOR. IT IS NOT A PREVENTIVE AT ALL AND IS HIGHLY TOXIC AND HAS SEVERAL SIDE EFFECTS. CONSULT DOCTORS BEFORE TAKING ANY OF THESE MEDS. OVERDOSE CAN BE EXTREMELY HARMFUL EVEN WITHIN FEW HOURS. CONSULT DOCTORS UPON ANY SYMPTOMS AND THEY WILL DECIDE TO PRESCRIBE OR NOT.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    #19     Apr 5, 2020
  10. yc47ib

yc47ib

Anyone know a bit more about China will laugh at this paragraph: "Another major part of the problem for Chinese farmers is that they rely heavily on domestic migrant workers. Many workers returned home during the Lunar New Year festival at the end of January, but with public transport coming to a halt and tens of millions of people in lockdown, farmers have struggled to find enough laborers to cultivate their crops."

#20     Apr 5, 2020