China May ‘Crash’ in Next 9 to 12 Months, Faber Says

Discussion in 'Economics' started by bearice, May 3, 2010.

1. World stock markets are crashing because of Marc Faber's prediction/statement.

#11     May 5, 2010
  2. Faber = Nr 1

#12     May 5, 2010
  3. LOL :D

#13     May 5, 2010
  4. silver? really? last go around it dropped from 21 to 8. this time it could even go lower. silver is probably the last place you want to be.

#14     May 5, 2010
  5. What food lasts longest in its can? I hope its not tofu.

#15     May 6, 2010
  6. why do sensationalist like to use the word crash on everything, only a few instances the market ever crashed. And china will not crash.

The real estate prices will not raise and very likely to drop, that is true. The chinese economy/GDP is also heavily dependent on residential construction, also true.

But keep in mind:

1) The government is FORCEFULLY and artificially trying to lower the real estate price, it is not a natural market event such as a bubble bursting.

2) The overall economy in china is picking up as the global meltdown eases, jobs/manufacturing are growing at a healthy rate. The country as a whole is still rapidly moving UP.

3) Government has tremendous resources (and not just cash reserve) at their disposal in case the economy does "crash". It is controlled by a very experienced economic team that can react and execute policy very quickly, as proven time and time again in the last few years by their policy/reactions to the meltdown.

I think the real estate market in china will be down, but china will not crash but continue to grow. I did sell construction related commodities such as base metal or companies tied to the chinese builder/constructions. But to short china as a whole is nonsense.

#16     May 6, 2010