China made Paulson bail out Freddie and Fannie

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by W4rl0ck, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Commode ities are enemy.

F$^k commodities and Jim Rogers too.

Strength to the Almighty Dollar.

Amen

#11     Aug 5, 2008
  2. Illum

Illum

China has bought into our system. An ancient people that historically had great mistrust for the West. They have as much to lose as we do. They put their money on us and this system.

#12     Aug 5, 2008
  3. blah blah blah

#13     Aug 5, 2008
  4. G-Boa

G-Boa

Agreed, just about same amount of cash as US Treasury, less the printing press. I wonder to what extent they can influence rates, here...

#14     Aug 5, 2008
  5. My last two brain cells are in an argument...please enlighten me on why gold dropped and what we are all too stupid to figure out.

While you're at it, why did natural gas plunge ~30% in a month?

#15     Aug 5, 2008
  6. S2007S

S2007S

Freddie and Fannie rely on foreign institutions. Investors and central banks outside the U.S. own about $1.3 trillion of Fannie and Freddie’s corporate and mortgage bonds, according to the Treasury. Chinese institutions are the biggest holders in Asia. European investors own $300 billion of the securities.

#16     Aug 5, 2008
  7. No, actually China can't afford to have USA collapse so they will play along until they can stop being reliant on the US consumer. While US cannot afford to have China do that.

The powers here are working hard to push the dollar down the tubes for a good reason.

#17     Aug 5, 2008
  8. Cutten

Cutten

Let's see what happens - here are the prices as of today's close:

S&P 1285
    EURUSD 1.545
    CRB 398.41

#18     Aug 5, 2008
  9. I do not know what ET investors have won or lost or plain gotten jerked around, but stocks bagged hefty gains today. The jump, in what appeared to be big volume, lent a boost to the fledgling rally confirmed July 29.

Furthermore, we continue to see sectors rotate as commodities, energy and agriculture issues are the worst performers - while airlines, biotech and retailers forge ahead.

Use astral projection charts - if you will, but what the market is saying with price and volume couldn't be clearer.

Pay$

#19     Aug 5, 2008