China Life will pay for living expenses of all earthquake orphans

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by james_bond_3rd, May 14, 2008.

1. Not true. In the case of Japan the death toll was over 6000 for a meager 7.2 earthquake in the ocean and with the whole infrastructure designed to withstand earthquakes of that magnitude. The response was totally inadequate.

#31     May 15, 2008
  2. Another evidence that this is not political is the complete openness regarding foreign media. There are over 20 foreign journalists in the area, including NPR, CNN, Reuters, AP, and even journalists from Taiwan. They have so far faced no restrictions whatsoever. The reason that there are not more of them is because it's quite difficult to get to the area.

It's curious, though, that the internal Chinese media is still censored, when the foreign media is free to report. The censored are mostly gruesome pictures of earthquake victims. Some of these pictures that were posted earlier on blogs were later taken down. It's probably out of habit - if you have a censorship mechanism in place, you might as well use it.

#32     May 15, 2008
  3. Tums

Tums

I guess you did not see the pictures of late model Mercedes Benz crashed by fallen buildings. LOL. I will try to find it again and post it here.

But seriously, some of the rural China is still a 3rd World country.

#33     May 15, 2008
  4. To further prove you wrong, Japan's rescue team is headed for disaster area right now:
    http://news.163.com/08/0515/21/4C11IMOO0001125G.html
    There is certainly no political consideration here. Once some transportation means are restored, outside people will be allowed in.

#34     May 15, 2008
  5. A recent development, as of my posting, my data was accurate.

I bet you are one hell of a monday morning quarterback, though!

#35     May 15, 2008
  6. eraci

eraci

Are you educated? Do you know there is something called humanity? Shame on you for these comments. China Life has done something wonderful, why can't you just face that?

#36     May 15, 2008
  7. Your data may be accurate but your interpretation was way off the mark. You claimed political reasons for not allowing foreign rescuers in. I proved you wrong.

#37     May 15, 2008
  8. Actually, your data was not accurate at all. Doctors without Borders was already there two days ago:
    http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/news/article.cfm?id=2699
    That was one day after the quake.

You're just like all other China haters.

#38     May 15, 2008
  9. luken

luken

the media should be controlled by jewish moguls not government :)

#39     May 20, 2008
  10. The more you talk, the stupider you sound. Get your facts straight - Geisha is Japanese - NOT Chinese

Reminds me of when Bush went to China and said something to the extent of: 'So you are Chinese, so all of you must know Kung-Fu.'

#40     May 20, 2008