China Life will pay for living expenses of all earthquake orphans

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by james_bond_3rd, May 14, 2008.

1. There is not much difference between China and the USA.

One is a one-party system and the other is a one-party system masquerading as a 2-party system.

either way, your vote doesn't count in any of the 2.

Citizens of both are driven by capitalistic motives.

#11     May 14, 2008
  2. I visit China every year. I was free to go anywhere, never had to register with anybody. State does not own a major stake in all business or investments made - they don't in mine (or Walmart for that matter).

As for invading and conquering another nation, are you talking about the US in Iraq?

You've been brainwashed.

#12     May 14, 2008
  3. I've never been to china myself but many of my friends have. They say visitors are free to travel, but chinese residents are heavily oppressed . Getting better though...

#13     May 14, 2008
  4. I have to disagree even about the Chinese residents part. After a few drinks, they'll talk to you just like anyone here, complaining about the politics. I've never seen anyone getting punished for these complaints. There are blogs you can easily find (in Chinese) that discuss these political complaints all the time. Last year there was a huge environmental demonstration in Xiamen that eventually led to the shutdown of the construction of a chemical plant. The official media didn't report on that but every Chinese knew about it because all the blogs were filled with the pictures of the demonstration. Of course the demonstration itself was organized through the blogs. AFAIK, no one was arrested over that.

The Chinese government is not as bad as what the western media portrays.

#14     May 14, 2008

5. Of course you go there every year, you have a major importing business and you are on ET just for fun!

Do you pay attention to the news, china is refusing to allow outside help to assist with rescue efforts in this recent earthquake, so you can't tell me that you can go whereever you want whenever you want to in china, it just isn't true.

As for there registration system, it's been in use for 2000 years, next time you go, stay away from the massage parlors and go visit a small town and learn a bit about the country, it's history, and how they do things in china.

#15     May 14, 2008
  6. You havn't heard about it, because no one is willing to talk about it for fear of becoming an enemy of the state. If you become an enemy of the state, the institute the 7 cent solution, and AK round from a firing squad and send the bill to your family.

#16     May 14, 2008
  7. Japan also refused outside help after 1995 Kobe earthquake. Why haven't I heard anyone complaining about Japan being an oppressive regime?

BTW, NPR has Robert Seigel and Melissa Bloch right at the epicenter reporting on the earthquake. They have traveled throughout the region, never encountering any prohibition.

I have traveled extensively in China - not by plane, but by train. You clearly don't know what you are talking about.

#17     May 14, 2008
  8. Nonsense. You didn't even read my post. None of the Chinese that I talked to disappeared or were otherwise punished for talking about politics. The blogs I mentioned still have the pictures of the demonstrations there today. The government didn't even bother to take them down. Of course they also didn't do anything to the people who posted those pictures.

China may not be as free as the US. But considering the degree of brainwash that you kind have gone through, you don't have that freedom either.

#18     May 14, 2008
  9. RhinoGG

RhinoGG Guest

I prefer my replacement organs to be much younger than I am. Ahh, to have the liver of a 12 yr old...

#19     May 14, 2008
  10. At this point, you are just being silly, arguing for arguments sake.

Comparing a 1955 event to todays is silly too. Things have changed dramatically since then including a dramatic change in the speed at which communications take place and the fact that aid and workers can be on scene, nearly anywhere in the world, in 24 hours.

There is a difference between Reporters and Aid workers, isn't there?

Perhaps you should Tune to something else other then NPR and you might get the rest of the story.

Let's agree to this, you love china, I havn't forgotten the Chosen Reservoir and the fact the US forces had to push the NK and chinsese supported communists back across the 38th paralell!

#20     May 14, 2008