China is hinting at something?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by EMRGLOBAL, Jan 12, 2011.

1. "If the U.S. makes a positive statement on this issue we surely will welcome that,” Chinese Vice Foreign Minister Cui Tiankai said in response to a question at a press briefing today in Beijing. “China follows very closely the economic health of the United States and vice versa.”

China is the largest foreign holder of U.S. Treasury securities, with $906.8 billion at the end of October, according to U.S. figures. China’s sovereign wealth fund also invests in U.S. companies and assets and a growing number of Chinese people own U.S. real estate."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is 12:42am my time and just off the phone with some of my clients in China. We were laughing at the above statement on Bloomberg TV.

Is Tiankai saying "We would welcome a positive statement" from the US on the stability of the Chinesse investments, ie: Dollar assets they hold....during the summit in Washington that is to take place next week ment to really mean........., "Hey fucking Yankees....you better make sure that dip shit FED CHAIR and the Idiot running your country will not put forth effort for QE3 or there will be hell to pay?"

My Mandarian is on a First Grade level so I could be wrong:cool:

2. "If the U.S. makes a positive statement on this issue we surely will welcome that,”

Currently our two best options to reply would be a statement from Obama or Ali G.

3. dtan1e

dtan1e

its means that China is trying to unload its US assets

4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

a positive statement on what? what was the question?

5. "safety of its U.S. assets"

6. Where does it say that? Am I missing something here? Looks like a non-event to me.

7. BEIJING (MNI) - The Chinese government would welcome a positive statement from the U.S. government regarding the safety of its U.S. assets, a senior Foreign Ministry official said Wednesday.

"If the U.S. would make a positive statement on this issue, we would surely welcome that," said Cui Tiankai, the vice foreign minister.

He declined to comment on the exchange rate issue, saying that Chinese authorities have already explained their position on the yuan and he would remain quiet "to avoid turmoil in the financial markets."

Cui was speaking ahead of Chinese President Hu Jintao's trip to the U.S. January 18-21.

http://imarketnews.com/node/24868

8. Bloomberg TV stated that Chinese banks in the U.S. will allow its customers to transfer up to $4,000/day into Chinese currency, and from the article below:

"But there is no limit, at least for now, on the amount that can be converted by businesses, so long as they are engaged in international trading."

http://www.latestchina.com/article/?rid=27336

Yet the rhetoric will continue from the U.S. policy makers to maintain its "strong dollar policy."

Welcome to the New World Order!

9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

heres a good read on that:

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/2011/01/hunting-elephants-with-pea-shooters.html

10. Thanks, nutmeg.

#10     Jan 12, 2011