China fleeing to crypto??

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Cuddles, May 13, 2019.

1. Trump isn't retarded cause of the tariffs, tariffs are great at getting point across to the commies, he's just retarded period... He has dementia and the attention span of a 5 year old. I laugh at the people worried about China's economic threats, same as the generation before me was worried Japan would overtake US economy. As my man Buffett famously said :

Only when the tide goes out, do you discover who's been swimming naked

Non Economists will soon find out the truth about China's Economy and Foreign Reserves... The bigger they are, the harder they fall!

#11     May 13, 2019
  2. dozu888

dozu888

lol you don't become billionaire real estate tycoon by being retarded... probably can't succeed in winning a presidential election either.

#12     May 13, 2019
  3. luisHK

luisHK

Ain't there much control on cryptos in China ? Is it even still possible to take money out of the country that way ?

#13     May 13, 2019
  4. dozu888

dozu888

Hey you are from hongkong you should know then :)

Even funds going thru hongkong are being monitored closely.

Now this bitcoin move may not have anything to do with China at all. Just the timing of it makes people think so.

#14     May 13, 2019
  5. JSOP

JSOP

I don't think US will go that far to impose sanctions as China really hasn't done anything seriously wrong that threatens world peace. Trump has reiterated again and again, this trade issue is business and business is business. The trade deficit between US and China is just too large and US can't ignore it anymore. The only thing left for US and actually the West is really their IP. IP is something that US and the West has invested tremendous amount of their both human and financial capital to discover, cultivate and perfect. It takes years, many times multiple generations to create an IP. That's pretty much the only thing that they are making money on and China just comes in and steals or pirates them. This is the problem with China and many eastern countries is that they don't know how to handle sustainable trade relationships. They don't know that if you want to have successful trading relationships, both you and your trading partner have to make money. You can't be making money all the time on everything and leaving your trading partner always paying you. That's not going to work. It's not sustainable.

Anyway with the crypto, I thought the government is cracking down on all of the crypto exchanges and all the crypto mining firms. Those crypto exchanges still exist?

#15     May 13, 2019
    dozu888 likes this.
  6. tsznecki

tsznecki

Explain how they are getting the crypto with the ban still in effect for retail.

Not holding my breath.

So hold on, you make a claim in the first statement and backtrack in the above statement? LOL.

#16     May 13, 2019
  7. dozu888

dozu888

Funds may want to leave hongkong.

#17     May 13, 2019
  8. dozu888

dozu888

Funds may want to leave hongkong. Not backtracking anything. I didn’t start this thread.

#18     May 13, 2019
  9. luisHK

luisHK

Never bought a crypto in my life, don't know much about them, but read most if not all crypto exchanges in China had to close, and suspect whatever is still allowed wouldn't enable one to take money out of the country.
    I know a bit more anout regular currencies' transactions, and there is most definitely less freedom now than there used to be a few years back in HK, and taking money out of China, legally or underground, has become harder as well.

#19     May 13, 2019
  10. dozu888

dozu888

right... funds going out of HK are being monitored closely as well, but cryptos are not banned yet, so that's a possibility... speculation of course.

#20     May 13, 2019