China export rise 50% in May

Discussion in 'Economics' started by traderzhangSan, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Everyone nowadays seem to think, and I agree, that there will be no export growth to western countries for China goods. The 50% rise of export is a surprise. Many doubt the data, however I talked to some people in export field , they kindly confirmed that number.

Could be western buyers accumulate alot of chinese goods in anticipating yuan to rise? that seems possible. But then how you explain the surge in import to China as well?

This news is significant. all the talk of great depression 2.0 is nonsense?

2. Wouldn't it be nice if we had kept most of our manufacturing jobs, factories here in North America? Imagine all the working workers, managers, book keepers, occupied buildings, taxes paid to government etc. Who's genius idea was it to make North America mainly a service based economy?

Oh yeah, now we have cheep chinese products we can sell at Walmart which we can afford to buy on our Welfare cheques! Yippie!

3. will never come back that way once manufacturing jobs are gone.

QUOTE]Quote from luckyluciano:

Wouldn't it be nice if we had kept most of our manufacturing jobs, factories here in North America? Imagine all the working workers, managers, book keepers, occupied buildings, taxes paid to government etc. Who's genius idea was it to make North America mainly a service based economy?

Oh yeah, now we have cheep chinese products we can sell at Walmart which we can afford to buy on our Welfare cheques! Yippie!
    [/QUOTE]

4. Never say Never. I don't see any choice. How can a country function without jobs. The majority of the population are johnny 6-packer couch potatoes and need manufacturing type jobs. China is not booming by coincidence! The U.S. Is not failing by coincidence. Stupid short sited policies pushed by Corporate need for greater profits to satisfy shareholders. U.S. Needs their jobs & factories BACK! Not just on oil rigs or in coal mines. I am not American. Your population needs to speak up about this. It's retarded and unfair.

5. The US actually has a trade surplus in the export of services, so there's something you do well!