China Eastern air disaster this March is human action not mechanical problem - Boeing stock jumps!

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by TheDawn, May 19, 2022.

1. TheDawn

TheDawn

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. maxinger

maxinger

I remembered years ago, a Silkair BOEING plane flew from Indonesia to Singapore.

Midway, the plane dived from 10km high to zero km killing > 100 people in it.
    The pilot had disciplinary problems, financial problems etc etc etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SilkAir_Flight_185

beginner66 likes this.
  3. Rumor says the associate captain plunged the plane

4. TheDawn

TheDawn

No my bet is on the second officer, the one that's supposed to be on observation duties that day but does have access to the flight cabin. There has been very scant information about this guy and there wasn't even an agreement on his identity, from what I read. The first officer (associate captain) was a highly experienced and well-respected flight instructor who cultivated and taught generations of pilots including the Captain who was also a student of his so I don't think it's him. But then again, you never know what goes on inside of someone's head.

Now it's just a matter of how much of the truth China is willing and/or able to reveal. Such a "prestigious" country with one of the highest safety records in aviation history just produced a Germanwings psycho pilot...

5. %%
    BA has been going down since 2019.
    No wonder, as a regulator[or ex regulator] noted on TV, BA knew about the earlier problem because they were trying to sell software to fix that.
    Part of BA big downtrend this year anyway= bear market. I've flown in BA aircraft a lot , no problem for me \but that does not change my point.
    Air travel is still very much safer than US auto traffic:caution::caution:

6. nitrene

nitrene

Boeing is POS company with a worthless BoD. They should all be fired. Regulatory capture made them lazy AF. Too bad Buffet didn't buy like 20-30% back in March 2020. He could have fixed the crappy management.

7. Overnight

Overnight

Hey now, they just had another successful launch of their own penis rocket, to compete with Bezos's penis rocket. Surely that's worth something.