China burns crosses, bulldozes churches in latest religious crackdown

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by themickey, Oct 5, 2018.

1. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Surely you wouldn't condemn an entire people over a few bad apples.

#21     Oct 25, 2018
  2. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Have you read "In the Garden of Beasts"? Fascinating book about Nazi rise from an American who was stationed there.
    The Nazi's early on sought to remove all traces of Judiasm from their society - even so much as they stopped using the word "Samuel" to describe the letter "S" when they would spell out words to each other.

#22     Oct 25, 2018
    murray t turtle likes this.
  3. luisHK

luisHK

Surely I wouldn't limit the issue with muslim populations in countries where they have not managed to elevate themselves over the lower classes of society to a few bad apples. You can google opinion surveys of muslim populations in Europe it is quite enlightening.
    Not clear one would get the same vision from the US, where a decade or 2 ago muslims were as a group quite successful (I remember some study stating their income was over the US average, I'm also used to live among well off muslims in wealthy districts of european capitals, and issues are about non existent there, but go to more popular districts and it changes quite a bit - or just check when the suburban hordes come into town), but that is not the case in Europe and China, and it's easy to see large cultural conflicts in those 2 areas, where large delinquent populations now find solace in anti western or anti chinese extremism. Muslim criminality has been high there for decades, specifically from the Uyghurs in China, never heard too much about the Hui, but those same guys turned into self declared jihadists more recently. Fair enough to say the hammer fell on them much harder in China than Europe.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
    #23     Oct 25, 2018
  4. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

I’m sure you can find opinion surveys of Jews in pre-ww2 germany as well.

The criminality is largely related to economic issues. Religion, race, etc are largely an excuse. Are all Uyghurs proclaiming jihadism? Are any? Is it state run propaganda? (Serious questions)

Some alt-right whack job is sending mailbombs in the US. Several alt-right whack jobs have attempted terrorist activities in the US. Should all trump voters be persecuted? Or should the opinion of the majority decide who is persecuted for whatever reason?

#24     Oct 25, 2018
  5. luisHK

luisHK

I’m sure you can find opinion surveys of Jews in pre-ww2 germany as well.

Yes ? You can find jews killing people by the hundreds in european cities pre worldwar ? and large portion of their population thinking that's justified ?

The criminality is largely related to economic issues. Religion, race, etc are largely an excuse.

Problem is not really criminality, it is how muslims from the lower strata of western societies, which had much to do with petty crime before, started to turn to violence with a religious justification. Disgruntled muslims are dangerous imo, and how they have become more religious in Europe over the last couple of decades is problematic. I think seen from the US it is different, as you have very few muslims and they don't have much leverage to try and push their agenda plus americans have a more violent response, be it american civilians or authorities. Also you can balance that with right wing terrorism but it is far less prevalent in Europe (Breivik being the exception, but most murderous acts since ww2 where i'm from come from muslims, a bunch of people have been arrested for terrorist plans and acts in and around my hometown, it is commonplace in some parts of Europe - mostly Belgium and France though) and muslims and non muslims are now more segregated than ever ime. Besides in the US right wing terrorism is a problem, yet about the stat I saw several times that more terrorist acts in the US are committed by right wingers than muslims, when it comes to select future immigration, it would be more useful to check among recent immigrants which groups commit most terrorist acts. It is not gonna be Hindus nor atheists...

Are all Uyghurs proclaiming jihadism? Are any? Is it state run propaganda? (Serious questions)

I have zero personal experience to share in that domain as it is the number of Uyghurs I know, but claims of Uyghurs fighting alongside other islamists don't only come from chinese government :

https://www.apnews.com/36513540608242c099580da79c6c2666

It's easy to find out instances of anti chinese killings from Uyghurs, also overseas (check Bangkok bombing). I don't have much sympathy for China generally, but understand they show little mercy to those killing Han in the street because they are Han. I wished we'd do the same in Europe

#25     Oct 25, 2018
  6. luisHK

luisHK

#26     Oct 25, 2018
  7. %%
    Actually i do enjoy wildlife management- HOW did you KNOW//LOL?? But its more with NRA, NRA-ILA, NRA American Hunter, NRA American Rifleman+ JPFO [Jews for Possession of Firearms Ownership!!]The Jewish man [Aaron] that started it -was saddened by low% of jews with firearms!! Albania has outlawed Bible names- that whats a oversize, out of control gov tends to do!! :cool::D

#27     Oct 25, 2018
  8. With all due respect, you have no clue what you are talking about. Criticize individuals you find fault with, not entire groups or religions. Many missionaries are church funded or rely on donations and do selfless work often risking their lives. Many evangelical/new born churches abide by biblical principles. I myself do not subscribe to the concept of prosperity gospel as it is clearly contradicting biblical teaching. I get you are liberal. I get some individual churches do not live and abide by biblical principles. Single them out, all else is lazy hogwash and hate speech, the same that you yourself are criticizing on the other side of the aisle.

#28     Nov 11, 2018
  9. That you think in sides in this matter says everything I am afraid. And go fuck yourself with your snivelling "all due respects". :)

Empathic, sensitive to the suffering of others (if they are) and ideally able to give practical help or advise. That is what good is and it is fairly inherent not requiring any screeching Jesus saves dog and pony show. Some even happen to be caught up in the frameworks of churches.

US churches are business now for the very most part. The exceptions don't exonerate the norm. Feel free to but what about there.

I am reading your twaddle on break at a group I volunteer with most weekends and during the week when called on.

I do this because I can and it seems right, not for admission to heaven etc. I'm not collecting salvation savings stamps.

Try and practice what you preach, work against the force of evil that is sociopath evangelical etc run churches. I do.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
    #29     Nov 11, 2018
  10. Your post blatantly shows how you know nothing about Christianity (for starters, it's completely unbiblical to believe doing any good or doing anything for that matter earns salvation) . I am not a believer of any religion. But I believe everything that is written in the Bible, and that to the last dot. Just like quite a number of the world's smartest scientists, scholars, researchers, teachers, and good-doers. Just as a huge number of the above listed groups do not believe in any God. Get it? It's a choice. I thought you support the concept of free choice and mutual respect for each other despite our different convictions... Wrong? However you sound like an angry Democrat who can't quite deal with the status quo and wrap his life around behaviors and actions of others that do not lie in your decision making realm. Get down from your high horse and respect others even if you disagree with them. That is the first step to fight and revert division.

Just because you don't like the concept of God and how some individuals abuse religion for money making purposes does not make an entire group of believers despicable. Just like many American comedians are self proclaimed atheists. Funny thing is in each show they use the name of God multiple times. And almost all come from extremely broken families, have substance abuse issues and can hardly hold life together. That does not make that entire group despicable. That was my point.

#30     Nov 12, 2018