China Bull - The greatest bull of the decade

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ETFei, May 5, 2007.

1. Good job bubbles, keep working at it! :D

I never said the whole of China is poor...you're projecting.

#21     May 7, 2007
  2. The problem is, everyone buying now is buying because they think more will buy after them and drive the market higher. At this rate the time will soon come when the "150 million" accounts are open and everyone is in the market, all that's left to inscrease share prices are profits/dividends, and everyone will realize that then their returns will be lower than 1% because you've paid 100 for a company that generates less than 1 in profits, which will lead to the exact opposite of what is happening now. Bottom line is that the go up 400% go down 80% is net negative, which is why the government is airing cautionary alerts on public television...
    Sure it can go another 2, 3, 4 thousand points higher, it doesn't matter, all that matters is where fair value is, because that's where it will go back to. You don't know where the top will be but if this is it then fair value is already far away enough to make the drop very scary

#22     May 7, 2007
  3. how can you short china directly? theres no etf that directly mimics china

#23     May 7, 2007
  4. Rocko1

Rocko1

What about Chinese stocks listed on American exchanges? They might be optionable and have LEAP puts available.

#24     May 7, 2007
  5. None of the Ishares do? I think you can at least short the market's largest that way...it'd be a ballsy move to do though I'd say. Good luck if you do. :D

#25     May 7, 2007
  6. ETFei

ETFei

There is no way you can short Shanghai stocks. Those with dual listing see their overseas share price lagging behind Shanghai price as much as 50%.

May 8, China A-share retail account break record with 368k new account opened in a single day! New retail accounts in April alone surpassed the total of all the new accounts opened in 2006.

May 9, Shanghai composite index closed above 4000 points for the first time in history.

#26     May 9, 2007
  7. Id buy some otm puts on the FXI. You have to play the lottery sometime.

#27     May 9, 2007
  8. S2007S

S2007S

wow 368,000 new accounts in a single day.

I think that is something to get very worried about especially if there is a 20-40% correction.

#28     May 9, 2007
  9. ETFei

ETFei

May 14
    HSI gap up 568.41 and opened at 21036 , news on China has relax the rule to allow retail investor to invest overseas stocks market boosted B-Share and H-share.

The means now the liquidity will start flooding Asian market. The greatest China Bull is spreading to the world market now.

#29     May 14, 2007
  10. S2007S

S2007S

I wouldn't doubt seeing a record 500,000+ accounts opened in one day sometime in the next month.

#30     May 14, 2007