Chimp Charts and TradeStation

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by bobcathy1, Feb 5, 2003.

1. hey bobcathy, you're back!

Pete

#51     Mar 6, 2003
  2. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Yes, we just had a pile of doctor stuff to do. Now we are both all recovered....

There seems to me a short bias this morning. I took a flyer at 826.25 and 827.25 this morning and still am holding them both. There was a nice cross on the 13 minute lines at around 8, a pullback into the trend is where I shorted my second contract.

I am going to take one contract off the table now. Let the other one run.

#52     Mar 6, 2003
  3. well, hope all is good for you guys...

on the trading note: ive been trying to write some TS code to incorporate your 'chimp' strategy, and cant seem to get a grasp on anything consistent. seems like there is no specific method to choosing the proper MA's and time setup? any suggestions?

Pete

#53     Mar 6, 2003
  4. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

I know, I have the same trouble. I am going to have a professional at TradeStation look at it for me. See if they can write it? I have a coupon for an hour, and they can give me an estimate on the cost.

By the way, I took off the second contract too. The low stochastic cross bothered me.......

#54     Mar 6, 2003
  5. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Not bad....picked up 3.25 points on 2 contracts.
    Waiting for opening to do another trade.

#55     Mar 6, 2003
  6. i write my own code, so if you explain better what parameters you use, i can work on it in addition to your 'freebie'. let me know...

Pete

#56     Mar 6, 2003
  7. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Ok, I will work on it over the weekend.:)

#57     Mar 6, 2003
  8. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

this is the chimp chart for today.
    shorted with the chimp at "s"
    Covered at the stochastic cross confirmation.
    2.25 points.

If you follow Don Miller there was a nice cross on the 3 minute for a long too......

#58     Mar 6, 2003
  9. toby400

toby400

Great chart cathy. I see the volume bars also tell a story.

great stuff.

:)

#59     Mar 6, 2003
  10. bobcathy, any progress this weekend on trying to 'universal-ize' the method?

Pete

#60     Mar 10, 2003