Chimp Charts and TradeStation

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by bobcathy1, Feb 5, 2003.

1. i HAVE NOTICED IF YOU USE A CCI SETTING OF 30, AND ONLY ENTER AND EXIT WHEN THIS HAS CONFIRMATION, YOU MANAGE TO STAY IN LONGER TERM TRENDS, AM I RIGHT
    M

#31     Feb 12, 2003
  2. bobcathy, i have finalized the TS easy language to trade exactly on the parameters that you told me to set up and the system 'consistently' looks horrible. if you change the settings each day to make sure that things look like they will work your way, then you're fine, but the point is to find some kind of consistency in all the trading days to at least make a good judgement on what might work each time. hindsight is easy i guess. i think that you can successfully scalp using this method (like i did today) but im trying to find a way to use it universally so that there is not so much subjectivity to it...hope to find a way that will make it work??? any other suggestions?

Pete

#32     Feb 12, 2003
  3. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

That is what I got as well! Goose egg!

Somehow, when I do it live it works just great, but there is no way to tell the easy language what I know inside. The reasons I stay out, or get in....double peaks, or dips....flags, slim jims, windows. Stochastic divergences or confirmations. Morning gaps. Trading the bollinger bands.

I take bigger positions when the 13 min EMAs cross before the position I take on the one minute, or I have confirmation in the stochastics.

Don Miller's method was fairly easy to put into easy language, and it did not work well either. He said on his tapes that it does not automate well at all. I agree.

I did one thing that did work well on Easy Language.....2 line MA crosses on daily charts or 13 minute ones. Set to 5 and 15. Set up a trailing stop too if you fancy. The trick is exiting the trade. That is where the money is made or lost.

Also try to set up the bollinger strategy....works well on QQQ.

#33     Feb 12, 2003
  4. i agree with you and congrats if you are trading the method well! i am always looking to see if this stuff can be translated into EL so that i can do better analysis on it. sounds like you're just using it as a guide and not actually as an objective "system".

hope to talk to you more about other trading ideas. do you use e-mail or AOL IM during the day?

Pete

#34     Feb 12, 2003
  5. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

I keep this page open all day. So when I am trading, I answer pretty quickly.

#35     Feb 12, 2003
  6. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

I am not sure what you mean by this? I am not good at writing EL, I just use canned bits of it. What is a CCI setting of 30 mean?

#36     Feb 12, 2003
  7. will do too then. talk to you soon

Pete

#37     Feb 12, 2003
  8. traderpete, try reversing the script. still looks horrible? forget about automation, then there is no edge.

#38     Feb 12, 2003
  9. you'd think that it would work that way, but not. if only you could take that crapp system and make it good just by doing the opposite of what you wanted to do in the first place! ha ha

Pete

#39     Feb 12, 2003
  10. If there were up and down only, reversing the script, doing the opposite, and all other means of saying the same thing might have a better chance of "automatic" success. It's those darn sideways periods that get in the way.

#40     Feb 12, 2003