Chimera or WTS?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by mrmoose, Nov 1, 2011.

1. mrmoose

mrmoose

i am looking at switching firms and have offers from both Chimera and WTS. Can anyone give me any feedback as to the pros and cons of each?

2. hitnrun

hitnrun

How about sharing the details of the two deals for honest opinions ?

3. mrmoose

mrmoose

the deals are both pretty good and in the same ball park.

4. Chimera is definitely a good prop firm!

5. WTS has far superior customer service staff. Chimera does not answer the phones. It's a retarded way to run a business. If you're trading in the office it's one thing but I don't know about trading remotely with them.

6. I heard Chimera's Boston office just recently closed down because of the license requirement. Can someone confirm this to be true or false?

From what im told, the downtown WTS Boston office has about 15 traders.

7. hitnrun

hitnrun

the prop model has changed with everyone forced to be licensed

with less traders this industry will consolidate . traders & firms will fade away

the good ol days are gone

8. mrmoose

mrmoose

btw I am open to talking to anyone so if anyone has any recommendations please let me know.

9. dinotrade

dinotrade

I trade in Chimera's Boston office, it's definitely still open and doing well. Everyone passed the 56 or had a 7.

Regarding tech, there are 4 IT guys in the New York office with phones and on IM and the partners are always available if you can't reach a tech guy.

Overall, it seems like these 2 firms are different animals. Chimera does not take money down from traders with no experience. I got hired and got a salary, and didn't have to do any capital contribution or training fees. There are also a bunch of real deal experienced traders with big bp that they support as well.

10. cstfx

cstfx

EvOTrAdEr runs a group associated with WTS and as such his "opinion" has more than a slant of bias to it.

#10     Nov 8, 2011