Chimera Capital

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by dud711, Mar 8, 2004.

1. dud711

dud711

Thinking about joining this firm, please let me know all you can about them. For instance, their website speaks to how cooperative they are with one another and the how hands on and effective the training is, etc..... ; accurate?? How are their commissions? Payout structure?
    Thanks
    dud

2. I am considering also. let me know what you think.

3. OK, for the zillionth time....check their balance sheets, check their records, check their clearing firm....dontate your money to them, and let us know how things work out....

If you can't get balance sheets,,,,then run....

I know nothing (at this point, but I'm working on it).... so just follow the path of any business person...check, check...

Don

4. Alot of firms are going the route of no capital contribution. Firms can't find enough traders to put up the 25k. To me it is worth giving up the 10-20% per mth to have no $ at risk.

5. I am all for the firm capital route- I hadn't heard of this firm before, but would love to hear more once you see more/decide.

I am a year out of school, so capital contribution isn't something that I am really considering- I think these firms will do well being able to put up the $ and recruit those who have better success chances.

6. Well,

I could be wrong but Chimera is just another LLC formed with Assent.. like Lynx Capital.

But hey, If Adam Mesh is wth them, and he's getting chicks on Average Joe, and Joe II, might as well be worth a shot.

You can get lucky too and get a dumb teacher who wants her 2 min of fame..

Just my 2 cents and it's worth less than that

O

7. I've heard good things about at least one person running it. Seems to be a trustworth person. Just a note.

8. Is this the firm Adam Mesh from the avg Joe show runs?

9. doji

doji

Chimera \Chime"ra\, n.; pl. Chimeras. [L. chimaera a chimera
    (in sense 1), Gr. ? a she-goat, a chimera, fr. ? he-goat; cf.
    Icel. qymbr a yearling ewe.]
    1. (Myth.) A monster represented as vomiting flames, and as
    having the head of a lion, the body of a goat, and the
    tail of a dragon. ``Dire chimeras and enchanted isles.''
    --Milton.

2. A vain, foolish, or incongruous fancy, or creature of the
    imagination; as, the chimera of an author. --Burke.

I think they should fire whomever came up with the name.

-doji

10. I'm sorry, but if this is real...then it's pretty funny...."Fire the Marketing Guy!" LOL

Maybe it's our friend at "Shill Securities"...LOL

Don

#10     May 9, 2004