Chimera Capital---a problem ?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by executioner, Jun 2, 2007.

1. If they are not happy with the payout they shoild leave. But to kind-of bash the llc/firm for paying ounce a month is not right.

What firm pays mor than one time per month? I still have no clue to who does that.

Cheers

#11     Jun 2, 2007
  2. they are defintely not bashing Chemera//in fact,i said they had good things to say..however,if a competing firm offers the same as Chimera but pay out more frequently,they will choose the other firm..this firm has been around for a while so its not some chop shop..since i was only with 2 LLC's and was paid on request,i was kind of in the dark about this once a month deal.evidently alot of LLC's practice this..however,alot are now doing twice per month from what i understand. if you are with an LLC and you want to be paid more frequently,demand it..without you,they are out of business.of course you have to be understanding as well but once a month would not be acceptable to me..

#12     Jun 2, 2007
  3. A) Most firms pay out only once a month

B) If these are experienced guys coming to Chimera, then I have to doubt their thinking ability. You should do a search on it, it's closely connected with Lynx Capital, a well known churn & burn shop.

#13     Jun 2, 2007
  4. these were guiys that traded at jasper from what i understand..amid all the turmoil they needed a firm quickly and went to chimera.thats what i was told and they obviously agrred on the once of month deal. however,after hearing that we payout more frequently,they have become interested..not bashing chimera,they are legit. again.what tarder would'nt want to get paid once a week!

#14     Jun 2, 2007
  5. timcar

timcar

Nothing wrong with ONCE A MONTH PAYOUT if trader agreed to it in their contract.

What seem unfair to me (hey it just me) but once June ends trader does not get HIS profits for June until say July 20.

The deposit amount of say $25k always stays in his account always until trader leaves.

Seems to me prop firm can do 15th and 30/31 for all traders.
    Decide two/three days ahead of time amount to take out and if trader makes $3,000 on 14th that is available at end of month payout.

#15     Jun 2, 2007
  6. jumper

jumper

How many times a month do you pay your mortgage? 3 or 4 times or does your bank require you to wire funds in randomly? I don't understand that justification??

You said you're not bashing them but did you forget that your thread is "...a problem"?

I don't know Chimera but seems like you have an agenda.

#16     Jun 2, 2007
  7. If a trader wants to be paid every week I am sure he can find a firm that will accommodate this. However, if you're a professional trader and don't have enough money on hand to handle a month's expenses you couldn't be much of a trader. I don't know of any successful traders living month to month.

#17     Jun 2, 2007
  8. cstfx

cstfx

I think executioner started this thread as a discussion about firm payous, but the manner in which he began this does come accross as nothing less than a gripe about Chimera.

Maybe he should have started a thread title as:

"Who would work for a firm that pays once a month when you could work for a firm that pays you when you want?"

#18     Jun 2, 2007
  9. you are right,i started the thread in a way that seemed to point to a problem at chimera..that was unfair and should'nt have started the thread like that..the reason i said that about chimera is because as i said,the 2 LLC's i traded with always let us take our profits and these guys came from chimera...had no alot of firms did this...

#19     Jun 2, 2007
  10. real quick,as Don Bright said,its a traders money,they should have it when they want,..thats the way he does it at is firm,.,does he have all inesperienced gamblers that live day to day? i doubt it.

#20     Jun 2, 2007