Children die in southern Italian earthquake

Discussion in 'Politics' started by candletrader, Nov 1, 2002.

1. The terrible earthquake around Campobasso, San Giuliano de Puglia and Naples struck an arrow through my heart when I heard that a San Guiliano school collapsed and up to 30 children may have been killed... this is a truly terrible tragedy and I hope you will join with me in expressing deep sympathies for this distressing loss of young life....

Resto nella pace :(

2. I heard it was 3 something on the scale, but I didn't think it would have been that tragic. God bless them....

3. get over it...

4. You subhuman sob!

5. Heartless ...

6. candle, there are lots of tragedies at any given instance all over the World, why do you feel the need to single out this one and post it here?

i agree with dan_m, this isn't the place for it.

7. This isn't the place for you

8. exactly!

of course it sucks to hear of such disasters.. but if i had to grab the tissue box every time an unfortunate incident occurred i'd never have time to live my OWN life...

and just to make myself even more inhuman... what happened wasn't even all that bad! i cna think of a hundred other disasters this year alone that are worse than that...

the point is... there are somethings i CAN do something about, and soemthings i CAN'T... so, for the time being, i'm gonna work on the ones i CAN... and, wouldn't you know it, if my plan works out.. i'm gonna be in a position where the "CAN" part has a far greater reach...

as for the "god bless them" comment... that deserves a big fat LOL!!!

9. Just because you can't do anything about it doesn't mean you can't observe a personal moment of silence and say a quick prayer for those that are still trapped and dieing. If you aren't religious, then find your own method of expressing condolences.

As far as the "god bless them" comment being funny, I don't see how that is remotely funny.

10. say a prayer? again --> LOL

and i COULD obeserve a moment of silence, but i just prefer to get on with living life.. see, i know enough about it to be able to live it without geting all caught up in the emotion of the moment...

and, yep, no doubt about it, the "god bless them" comment is riotously funny...

#10     Nov 2, 2002