Child labor in carmaker Hyundai's factory in US

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by earth_imperator, Jul 23, 2022.

1. ElCubano

ElCubano

It was after school, usually ending at night like 8pm. We would knock door to door on strangers homes to sell them subscriptions. Imagine that. No way you can do that kinda stuff nowadays.

#11     Jul 24, 2022
  2. BMK

BMK

I think in some communities, Girl Scouts still go door-to-door selling cookies. Of course they don't get paid for that, and it's not considered "work." It's a volunteer activity for a nonprofit charitable organization, and it does not fall within the definition of child labor.

#12     Jul 24, 2022
  3. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

farms are exempt from many child labor laws.

#13     Jul 24, 2022
    murray t turtle likes this.
  4. gkishot

gkishot

There is a difference btw a child giving out advertisement papers and working for a company and being on company's record and payroll. I doubt any company in America would violate labor law in such open fashion.

#14     Jul 25, 2022
    Nobert likes this.
  5. BMK

BMK

Did you read the Reuters article that is linked in the original post?

Do you think it's just fake news? The reporters at Reuters just made this stuff up?

Do you also think that no police officer in the USA would ever fire his weapon at an unarmed civilian? Because, well, you know, if the cop shot him, he must have been doing something wrong.

Enjoy your fantasy world, Dude.

#15     Jul 25, 2022
  6. %%
    17 states exempt kids in ag business from most labor laws;
    +plenty of exemptions in show business.[Pew Charitable Trust]. Congrats:caution::caution:

#16     Jul 25, 2022
  7. I think that he knows clear well as any 'intelligent' person, that the news media always has to hype up and exaggerate anything they can in order to stir up news to peddle. It is in their own self-interest to do so. And it works, just look at your reaction. Pay attention to where their pockets are aligned.

#17     Jul 25, 2022
    gkishot and murray t turtle like this.
  8. gkishot

gkishot

The diff btw you and me is that you don't believe in American justice system but I do.

#18     Jul 25, 2022
  9. The American justice system works for rich people only...

#19     Jul 25, 2022
  10. Overnight

Overnight

I remember this from a few weeks ago...

It really WAS getting bad at CNN. War makes MSM funny in the head.

#20     Jul 25, 2022