Chicken Little studies the Hershey Methods

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Index Maximus, Jan 14, 2009.

1. The most consistent component of losing in any system is slippage and commission which may not be reversed AFAIK.
    This comment displays the poor depth of analytical thinking typical of the A team. LOL

#11     Jan 16, 2009
  2. I have never read one Jack Hershey thread, but I will take a guess and say that you guys start more threads about him than he actually starts himself.

I don't think any of you actually trade, or you would not have the time to start thread after thread and obsess over him like a bunch of schoolgirls.

You call him a loser, but you people need to look in the mirror.

#12     Jan 16, 2009
  3. This thread was started by TUMS (the moderator) by moving a post from another thread. In other words TUMS didnt like to see negative results on Hershey and moved it here starting this thread. So no, I did not start this as another attack thread on Hershey. I just posted some backtesting of his claims. Ask TUMS he will tell you HE started this thread , not me.

Moderator's comment:
    It is incorrect (and manipulative) for you to say that I moved your post because I did not like to see the "negative" results on Hershey.
    You have been told before: the EasyLanguage Treasure Chest thread is a deposit of codes. Please start a thread if you want to discuss a topic.

This is the internet; everybody is free to speak, criticize, make fun... so long as you:
    -- stay on topic
    -- no personal attacks
    -- no obscenities

if you want to deviate from the OP's topic, go start your own thread.

#13     Jan 16, 2009
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

26K / 600 trades = $43 loss per trades, looks like there is plenty for commission, if reversed....We can even throw in 1 tick loss per trade on each trade and it would still be profitable if reversed....

Don Miller only makes $3 per contract and makes an excellent living....

P.S.: I apologize for making sense in a Hershey thread....

#14     Jan 16, 2009
  5. In addition to the two components you have listed above, the system also over-trades the choppy market sessions, so even if you did reverse those trades, they would still come out a loser.

Pekelo is well known a paper trader in good standing on the ES Thread, that pretty much explains his POV. :D

P.S. Thank you for your contributions Index Maximus, despite trollish moderators like Tums, there still seem to be some real traders in this envrionment.

#15     Jan 16, 2009
  6. The $43 loss already includes slippage and commission.

$ - 25.50 trading loss
    $ -12.50 slippage
    $- 5.00 commission

So if you reverse the signals you have a potential $ 25.50 with which to work.
    Reversing the signals means that a signal based on a stop which bought the high and reflects an accurrate fill will probably mean that on the sell side it will be 1 tick lower. So your conclusion that 1 tick of slippage per trade side is probably right. Therefore the math in reversing this sytem looks like this:

$25.50 trade profit
    - $25.00 slippage
    - $5.00 commission.
    4.50 per contract loss after reversing signals.

#16     Jan 16, 2009
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

I agree. I think he counted the slippage twice, just to make it a losing system either way. Whatever works! :)

#17     Jan 16, 2009
  8. all this moron does is follow you around ... does he also kiss your feet the way he did for spydie?

#18     Jan 16, 2009
  9. Ouch. WRONG!!!!

A) No guarantee it will not just be random/sideways in the future

B) Slippage, commission, fees, etc. etc. (the house rake) make reversing a losing system a losing system

#19     Jan 16, 2009
  10. timbo

timbo

Tums likes big black semi's.

#20     Jan 16, 2009