Chicken Little, or not, RBS warns of CRASH !

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Digs, Jun 17, 2008.

1. I am not too surprised that Kudlow was bullish in the bubble. Kudlow on on Kudlow and Company was praising google when it peaked at $747 in Ootober. He said something like "And Google... new highs!!" that certainly didn't last, and I regret not seeing the top either.

#51     Jun 18, 2008
  2. Thank god im in the OIL business. Nothing but upside and more upside.

Market crash will bring more upside and a flight to quality will overflow.

More drilling deals will get solid, more long futures, more calls.

Watch your Oil qoutes fella's. When the Super Spike comes, Kiss your asses goodbye if you long anything but Gold, Oil and a few other key commods.

This is not going to cause a depression. The "Moves Down" in the SP and INDU will shock the shit out of those left long, will destroy the "401K" racket, will plunge the middle class into poverty and will send 100,000s of "Bankers", "Brokers" and Telers to the unemployment lines.

It will be fast and furious. Yet, it will rebound just as fast and many willl miss it.

#52     Jun 18, 2008
  3. i have a feeling if we wait this out patiently with cash waiting on the side this will be an opportunity of a lifetime to go long and make some big $$, look at historical charts happens once every 20-30 years.

just, wait for it to recover, don't get fooled by a bear market rally as we have seen the last two months, possibly put your money in gold?? GLD or gold mining stock like NEM or ABX.

good luck everyone

#53     Jun 18, 2008
  4. Look - none of this information is new to any of the 'smart money'.

The main question is why aren't we lower already? Massive writeoffs, massive cash infusions, its been done.

Why aren't we lower? The answer to that question holds the key to the next move.

I am at least honest enough with myself to know that I don't have a strong view at the moment. Cash and a partial hedge with the requisite commodities.

#54     Jun 18, 2008
  5. da-net

da-net

#55     Jun 18, 2008
  6. i think we haven't gone lower because of the actions of the fed which have sent the dollar down the shitter and NOW they have limited options going forward. People are beginning to realize this ever since Ben's last few talks.

every action has a greater or equal reaction.

#56     Jun 18, 2008
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

For the millionth time, MARKETS DON'T CRASH ON BAD NEWS!!!

Has anyone on this entire message board studied history? Do you guys actually know what causes a crash? Or better question, does anyone on this thread actually trade for a living? Don't answer that.

#57     Jun 19, 2008
  8. I agree. They sell off on bad news as the dumb money flows out...

Crash on bad news, no.

#58     Jun 19, 2008
  9. mark2

mark2

Very true...

#59     Jun 19, 2008
  10. Digs

Digs

.."For the millionth time, MARKETS DON'T CRASH ON BAD NEWS!!!"..

Thats bull and you know it.

1) What was the good news in Oct 1987 ?
    2) What was the good news when Aisa markets tanked during Asian debt mess.

I could go on and on...

#60     Jun 19, 2008