Chick-fil-a

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Aug 1, 2012.

1. LEAPup

LEAPup

Forgot to mention, the drive through was backed up at least two city blocks, and not one horn was blowing as people waited in line.

#11     Aug 1, 2012
  2. Ricter

Ricter

A big Wendy's franchiser didn't have so much luck supporting Chick, Wendy's is a public company. : )

#12     Aug 1, 2012
  3. Same here...everyone was smiling and in a good mood and talking to each other. Some of the employees were handing out bottled water for free to people in line and in their cars. Employees were all smiles and very friendly despite what was obviously a day where they are working 10 times as hard as normal.

I believe today Chick-fil-a will break sales records as the biggest amount of sales in one day by any fast food chain ever.

#13     Aug 1, 2012
  4. You're right. I owe an apology.....to chickens everywhere. To associate them with the deluded dummies who believe in the bible was unfair. The chickens have more sense.

#14     Aug 1, 2012
  5. Its crap chicken and usually drier than a nuns chuff.

#15     Aug 2, 2012
  6. hughb

hughb

[​IMG]

#16     Aug 2, 2012
  7. hughb

hughb

POSTED: 1:03 pm PDT August 1, 2012

UPDATED: 8:10 pm PDT August 1, 2012

SAN DIEGO -- Large crowds descended on local Chick-fil-A restaurants to have their say in a controversy involving gay marriage.

» 10News Poll
    » Like Us On Facebook
    » Follow Us On Twitter

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Hukabee called for Wednesday to be "Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day" in support of the company and CEO Dan Cathy, whose statements drew threats of a boycott from gay marriage backers and condemnation from the mayors of Boston, Chicago and Washington, D.C.
    Last month, Cathy said, "We are very much supportive of the family -- the biblical definition of the family unit."
    The walk-in line at the Chick-fil-A restaurant on Sports Arena Boulvard stretched into and around the parking lot at lunchtime, with a back-up for the drive-thru window.
    Just before noon, 10News discovered a long line of customers – about 100 – waiting to get into the restaurant.
    During the dinner rush, the line grew to about 300 people. The drive-thru line was about 80 vehicles deep.
    "This is something I believe in," said Orpha Dickinson. "I believe in America's values and one woman, one man for a marriage. I've come out to support that viewpoint."
    Long lines were also reported at the company's locations in Chula Vista and San Marcos.
    "Banning a business from cities around the country because of their political opinion is un-American, and it is not freedom and it is not liberty," one Southern California restaurant supporter said. "This is supposed to be a free country."
    "The gay and lesbian community, LGBT community, is one that's been persecuted for a long time," a Southern California protester said. "... I think it's time that they got the opportunity to get the rights that they deserve."
    The recent comments by Chick-fil-A's CEO sparked some calls for boycotts of its restaurants and even some talk of banning the chain from opening franchises in some cities.
    In Laguna Hills last week, nearly three dozen people attended the grand opening of a Chick-fil-A location, many carrying signs with messages such as "Eat Mor Equality" and "Will God Judge Me for Loving or Judge You for Hating?"
    Opponents did not show up Wednesday but on Friday, a nationwide same-sex kiss event is planned at Chick-fil-A restaurants, including two local ones.
    "We had employees from different locations in San Diego say they want us to do this ... take a stand for equality," said Holly Hellerstedt, the field director for Canvass for a Cause.
    Customers who showed up Wednesday said they are taking their own stand.
    "I believe everyone should have a right to believe what they want and shouldn't be bullied into believing otherwise," said Nani Patilla.
    Elmer Van Horn told 10News, "I waited more than an hour, and I would have waited four hours."
    Chick-fil-A issued a statement noting that it did not organize Wednesday's events, but said the company appreciates "all of our customers and are glad to serve them at any time."
    There are six Chick-fil-A restaurant locations in San Diego

#17     Aug 2, 2012
  8. #18     Aug 2, 2012
  9. Brass

Brass

These people offer a fried chicken sandwich for breakfast. :D

Chick-fil-A: Natural selection on fast forward. Ask for more gravy and fries, and don't forget to DOUBLE UP (the new "super size") on dessert. Tell them I sent you. Your destiny awaits.

#19     Aug 2, 2012
  10. stu

stu

Problem for consumers of Chick-fil-A or any other fast food chicken for that matter is, they never know if it was a piece of hen or cock they just put in their mouth.

#20     Aug 2, 2012