Chicago's (CME) pork-belly pit to close

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by JayS, Aug 29, 2007.

1. JayS

JayS

2. The screen might be able to attract trading volume that would never go thru the pit.

3. God what a joke! I hate cme group! Do they not realize that a substantial amount of volume is done in the pork belly pit! Screw the exchanges and there god damn electronic markets! What happens when the electronic market goes down and some poor SOB can't trade his good old pork bellies? That my friends is a world I don't want to live in!:D

4. Randolph Duke: Exactly why do you think the price of pork bellies is going to keep going down, William?
    Billy Ray Valentine: Okay, pork belly prices have been dropping all morning, which means that everybody is waiting for it to hit rock bottom, so they can buy low. Which means that the people who own the pork belly contracts are saying, "Hey, we're losing all our damn money, and Christmas is around the corner, and I ain't gonna have no money to buy my son the G.I. Joe with the kung-fu grip! And my wife ain't gonna f... my wife ain't gonna make love to me if I got no money!" So they're panicking right now, they're screaming "SELL! SELL!" to get out before the price keeps dropping. They're panicking out there right now, I can feel it.
    [on the ticker machine, the price keeps dropping]
    Randolph Duke: He's right, Mortimer! My God, look at it!

5. TRANSLATION: Bill Giboll is going to miss administering an ass-raping to anyone who dared wander into the hog pit.

6. That was the first pit I ever stepped foot on in 1975, Dad worked for John Morrell. I was only 4! Still remember it to this day!

7. Mercor

Mercor

The Bellies was the most insider, corrupt ,boys club of all the pits.
    Crooked to the core.

So tight knit that the FBI was unable to ever put a sting in place.

Could have sent the whole pit to jail.

Yet , I always traded bellies.

8. blame PETA!

9. LOL ! As I remember Dukes haven´t been able to f... their wives this very Christmas ( but - as I remember they never have been married, or ? )...:D :D :D

10. Mercor

Mercor

The end of frozen bellies....we all get fresh bacon now

#10     Aug 31, 2007