Chicagoans: help please...

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by TraDaToR, Jun 3, 2010.

1. young frenchie will never get laid living in the south loop, he'll end up drinking his nights away with over sized cocktails from "ceres", talking shop with the boys, I say go for the "college age, yuppie girls" in Lincoln Park. :)

#41     Aug 23, 2010
  2. Imagine

Imagine

someone mentioned oakwood corp housing - there is another slightly cheaper called bridgestreet - plus a ton of others

I would also recommend viewing corporatehousingbyowner - these are listing coming straight from the owners of apartments

i have used both for chicago suburbs - you end up paying much more than finding something on your own but at least you get a clean apartment

all the best

#42     Aug 23, 2010
  3. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

It's almost done deal for a Gold Coast 1 bedroom found through this particular website...
    :)

Thanks.

#43     Aug 23, 2010
  4. Congrats! Enjoy your time.

If you run into a Jamaican women who seems incoherent named Rose, demand she brings you the weed first before you give her any money, even after she has gained your trust. Live and Learn.

(Disclaimer: I'm not a Chicagoan, I was born in Chicago, raised after the age of 4 in Wisconsin, and have spent the last four years here in the city of Chicago. I am a CheeseHead Gd Dammit!)

#44     Sep 4, 2010
  5. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Last question to Chicagoans: Am I stupid or Uptown Neighborhood is not that much of a recommended place? I never have problems anywhere in Chicago except when I come down Wilson Avenue to go to the Wilson Skatepark. People are not only asking for change, they are following you, insulting you...They all seem to have a missing eye, a missing arm or look really weird there.I go there 3 times a week, I don't like this place.

#45     Oct 22, 2010
  6. Why do you go there three times a week if you don't like the place? Think, son. Yeah there are some shady areas around Wilson.

#46     Oct 25, 2010
  7. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

'Cause the skatepark is really great and not shady at all( it's at the end of Lincoln Park). It's just walking down the avenue from the red line that I don't like. I will try to find an other way to go there.

#47     Oct 25, 2010
  8. Avoid Uptown if you can.

You need a bike, or a scooter, or a motorcycle. If u had a bike you could just ride right up along the lakefront to get to your park. It's a beautiful ride... of course, might not work so well in January, but then will u be skating in January?

#48     Oct 25, 2010
  9. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

I only have 2 months left here. The bike is perhaps a good idea. I already run in Lincoln Park everyday I dont skate.It's a nice place for sure.

#49     Oct 25, 2010
  10. You might get blown off that bike today. Now you know why it's called the windy city.:eek: Imagine this with snow and you'll get an idea of Jan.

#50     Oct 26, 2010