Chicago WTS Open House - Jan 17th

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by JCTradingGroup, Dec 22, 2011.

1. How long they been in business too - Echo, Bright, others they been around > 10 yrs that counts for something..

#11     Dec 30, 2011
  2. SgtSlottter is one of the reasons no one takes this website seriously and why this is a has-been community. It's a bunch of butt-hurt trolls who couldnt trade themselves out of a paperbag trying to fear people away from the firm that they single handedly used to trade their account to zero. And the board here reacts to it and lets these people carry the topic of discussion.

What I find curiously ironic is these trolls are so concerned about the Prop shop folding, and they have every detail why its going to happen next week, but none of them could trade well enough to have a + account for tomorrow.

#12     Dec 30, 2011
  3. Yes but MF was around for 100 years. Everybody is at the mercy of the market when dealing with highly leveraged accounts.

#13     Dec 30, 2011
  4. Excellent post earlybird....but I wouldn't totally write off elitetrader. Don't let a few failed loser traders like SgtSlotter ruin the ET experience. I use the ignore a lot for idiots like him. I still get good info on this site.

#14     Dec 30, 2011
  5. i have to admit, i do come here for news in the industry, but I roll my eyes way too often when the children take over.

#15     Dec 30, 2011
  6. It's not always their fault. Some groups (perhaps even some WTS firms) keep trying to sign up people via job listings. Fortunately, the subgroups like JC Trading (i have no affiliation) only advertise professional execution services & access to leverage, not some "start your Wall St trading career today" type deal.

There are members who bring clarity to the boards. Without them, the ET prop firm board would be nothing but n00bs and trolls

#16     Dec 31, 2011
  7. JCTradingGroup

JCTradingGroup ET Sponsor

Reddy,

WTS offers Sterling, Laser, Lightspeed, and Fusion.

We look forward to meeting you on the 17th.

#17     Jan 5, 2012
  8. hitnrun

hitnrun

FOR JC TRADING

this office in chicago is this a partnership with jc trading or

strictly a new office opened & managed by wts corp in nyc ?

#18     Jan 5, 2012
  9. reddy09

reddy09

Thank you...see you there.

#19     Jan 11, 2012
  10. bro59

bro59

I for one appreciat SgtSlottter's comments here. I also appreciate that Barron allows these posts to remain. Although some of this may be contentious it is important that ET allow the debate.

I don't mind that firms creep around the periphery of legality in order to sidestep what at times are silly rules imposed by an uninformed US Congress (ie the "daytrade rule"). When this behavior turns predatory or becomes false advertising is when the whole game turns sour and is unacceptable.

Really, the terminology on the issue of a trading "job" should be changed with regard to these prop firms. Junior members need to realize that they are being asked to contribute cannon-fodder capital to many of these firms and that they have no recourse if the Class A members are unscrupulous operators. A case in point of this is when Tuco went down, the capital was tied up, nobody could trade, but Doug (Class A money) was paid multiple $10,000 consulting fees during the settlement period. Clearly in this case the interests of the founding partners and of the general pool of traders had strongly diverged.

It is difficult enough to succeed in this endeavor without your firm working against you so make sure you know where you stand, which is SgtSlottter's point, even if he does have an axe to grind with WTS.

#20     Jan 12, 2012