Chicago trading firms.....

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by rtrading, Jun 23, 2002.

1. I am trying to place the Half Shell...If I am thinking correctly, you are talking about a place that was across the street from the Barnes and Nobles parking lot just west of the intersection of Clark, Broadway & Diversey...Personally, I never made it over there although if I am thinking of the same place it has been there forever...my dad used to go there in the late sixties

#41     Jun 28, 2002
  2. If that's the place that is being thought of, it burned down many years ago and has been replaced by a Bath & Beyond store and a kitchen suply store. :)

#42     Jun 28, 2002
  3. Speculator1929

Speculator1929 Guest

say it ain't so regarding the half shell. The weiner circle should be a national landmark! Char dog all the way -- Cheese fries, extra cheese pleese!

#43     Jun 28, 2002
  4. diversey at orchard across the street from white hen, any of you guys in lincoln park who havent tried it have a chance to try somthing very special if youlike crab shrimp oysters

#44     Jun 28, 2002
  5. Maybe I should start a new thread,.

Anybody know this firm?
    I'm thinking about leaving NY and going to CHI, especially with so much great sounding food!. :D

#45     Jun 30, 2002
  6. yes, I talked with them a few years ago about their prop trading...I remember reading about them in "Trading Chicago Style" by Weintraub...They seemed to have a good reputation, but I never really pursued anything with them

#46     Jun 30, 2002
  7. axehawk

axehawk

I'm off to Chicago tomorrrow for a couple of days. I need advice from what firms to visit, to where to eat, and where to stay. I've never been there before (only a flight stop). I think I'm staying either at the Hyatt Regency, The Drake, or the Marriot.

I'd also like to visit an exchange, but I think the CBOT is the only one that currently allows visitors.

Thanks.:D

#47     Aug 14, 2002
  8. Surely the glassed-in visitors level at the CME is still open? (see Ferris Bueller' Day Off)

#48     Aug 14, 2002
  9. as far as places to eat, bob chins just open in the loop area if you like seafood. Also there is unos for pizza. Also there is italian village, also in the loop. I would go to echo trading. you might also want to check out bright. I know the cme visitors gallery is closed. but as far as the cboe and cbot I'm not 100%sure. don't bother with the chicago stock exchange. Echo's and brights office are at 440 s. lasalle. any of the hotels are fine. if you know anybody that works on the floor of the cbot, or the cme. you can take a tour of the floor.no jeans or shorts, and need button down shirt. good luck let me know how it went

#49     Aug 14, 2002
  10. You can stop by and see Diane Harsh, our Chicago manager. She can show you the CBOE and/or the CHX if you like.
    Don

#50     Aug 14, 2002