Chicago trading firms.....

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by rtrading, Jun 23, 2002.

1. OK, my response is simply that since we have our "net liquditating balance" figured on "mark to market" it makes more sense for our P&L to be calculated the same way...and in my position window, it shows profits on closed positions. Every day our sheets show both.

Regarding the charts....I like the new ones (granted I don't use charts all that much), and they have:
    1. 1 tick to 1 year
    2. 1 or two symbols for overlays.
    3. Volume for everything..
    4. Indicators etc., include: EMA, Average Price, Bollinger Bands, VWAP, SMA, ADV, On Balance Volume, Price Ratio, MACD, Momentum, Relative Strength, Stochastics......and my favorit for pairs trading ...actual overlays of Price Difference for individual paired stocks.

5. They also show your entry and exit points on the charts.

Anyway, I know there is more stuff that can be put into a platform, but this is way, way, more than I could ever use.

All I do is...Buy, Sell, or Cancel anyway..

:)
    :)

Don

#21     Jun 26, 2002
  2. when its not down or delayed, works adequately.

REDI is a loser in every other type of trading.

plus, SLK could care less about daytraders needing support. their business is dependent on funds.

forget NASDAQ trading...

#22     Jun 26, 2002
  3. A bit of a "broad brush" don't you think, Redi has been "down" much less than other systems (or at least from what my "spies" tell me from other firms). The delays have been fixed considerably from our server changes (some of the delays were "self imposed" by traders abusing the system, which we fixed).

I have instant fills on Nasdaq, we can "sweep" and "chunk" and all that, hide orders, and direct our orders to ECN's...what else does a trader really need?

I'm not trying to defend everything about Redi, but it works well, and things change...and when we see a system that will improve our traders profitability, then we may change.

Again, Redi may not have all that people think they want, but it certainly has what is needed to make money IMO.

Don

#23     Jun 26, 2002
  4. Speculator1929

Speculator1929 Guest

Check out Instinet Clearing like Generic and ETG. Goldman will force the move sooner or later. Or just call yourself a hedgefund.:)

#24     Jun 26, 2002
  5. No comment at this time...

Don

#25     Jun 26, 2002
  6. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

Just have 2 Position windows:

In the first one, have a query of
    LongVal=0 and
    ShortVal=0
    This is realized P&L

In the second one have:
    LongVal<>0 and
    ShortVal<>0
    This is unrealized P&L

#26     Jun 26, 2002
  7. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

Hey Don,

When are we getting those two buttons added to Redi:
    "Buy at High of Day"
    "Sell at Low of Day"
    ?:D

#27     Jun 26, 2002
  8. nitro

nitro

Over,

IMHO Erie Cafe is overpriced. However, down the street is Mr. Beef, where for $7 you get the most delicious Italian Beef, fries and a drink...

Yum.

nitro

#28     Jun 26, 2002
  9. GHansen

GHansen

Don,

There are far more than a "few" people who consider REDI+ inadequate. In fact, everyone I have ever known who has used REDI+ and one of the top tier competing platforms would never go back to REDI+. IMO, it's too unreliable, has a horrible support desk, and has far too limited hyperactive trading functionality. What functionality you ask? I see no reason to dislose that to you.

As far as ARCA improving REDI+, you have never given one good reason why this might happen. ARCA is an ECN. REDI+ is trading software...apples and oranges.

Someday you will find out how important the differences in trading software actually are.

#29     Jun 26, 2002
  10. Erie Cafe, about 5 years ago, had lower prices, more subdued atmosphere and was not yet the "hotspot" it has become...Nowadays, all the politicians, lawyers, traders, and other hotshots like to make the place their home...

Mr Beef isn't bad, I still like Portillo's the best, even if it is a big chain...

#30     Jun 26, 2002