Chicago Trading Firms? Seeking Junior Trader/Assistant Position

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by cmh, Jul 11, 2006.

1. cmh

cmh

Hello All!!! I hope your summers are all going very well and profitable. I am a newcomer to this site and I must state that it has been very beneficial so far. It has a good community with the exception of a few bashers on each post but overall A+ when compared to many other sites out there. I hate to post a new question similar to others but I will anyways. As this section corresponds to newcomers trying to get into the industry I will leave a post concerning this topic.

From this site I have read the consistent threads stating that the Chicagoland firms are extremely difficult to get into. However, this has not deterred me from my goal, and it has been the direction I have wanted to go for quite sometime now. Currently I am attempting to bridge between the tech industry into trading and hoping to land a junior assistant type position either on the floor of the CBOT, CME, CBOE or in an electronic trading firm. Could anyone provide a website beyond the exchange website that would list out trading firms in the Chicagoland area? I have been searching for quite some time and it appears that many of them are hidden. I know they are there and you may need to know someone to get their url but I thought I would ask you all, the experts.

Once again thank you for your help and I hope your summers continue to be rewarding.

(Also if this posted twice I am sorry, I had some cpu issues that I am working through – Go Windows.. NOT)
    :p

2. here-

tradelink, llc

200 w jackson, ste 2300

send an email to evan@trdlnk.com
    (evan nosek) and steve@trdlnk.com (steve wolf)

they have prop traders, floor guys, an internal hedge fund, etc

tell em youre looking to get into trading and ask what they have - emphasize your computer skills

3. cmh

cmh

I will make sure to shoot them an email this weekend and I appreciate your help.

5. cmh

cmh

Hello again sault. I sent them both an email late Sunday night and have not heard anything back yet. I still have my fingers crossed.

6. Chicago Trading Services? Might want to look them up, but I know nothing of the firm personally.

7. cmh

cmh

I will have to take a look into that firm. Thanks Mowery.

8. you might have to keep pushing tradelink.

also try walt@trdlnk.com

walt weissman, owner,

9. cmh

cmh

Thanks again Sault, I just sent an email to him today. My fingers are crossed.

10. Does he mind having his email address published here? I'd be mighty pissed off if someone put my address on a public forum.

#10     Jul 21, 2006