Chicago Trading Company or DRW/Susquehanna for recent ivy grad?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by lbt282, Mar 13, 2009.

1. lbt282

lbt282

Hi,
    I have two offers: one from DRW/SIG, which I have read numerous times are very similar in terms of quality. Another offer from Chicago Trading Company.

Which would be the best place to start a career? Are there any differences between these places in terms of compensation or anything else?

thanks!

2. Both DRW and Chicago Trading Company have great reputation. If you have what it takes, you can't go wrong with either one of them, especially earlier in your career.

3. It might be helpful if you provided some more info about the offer or your job desciption.

4. ajacobson

ajacobson

Where do you want to end up living ? They are great places to start with outstanding training opportunities.

Do you want to end up in Chicago or Philly ?

5. lbt282

lbt282

this is for a standard trader assistant position coming straight out of undergrad.

I prefer chicago but location is the least of my concerns. Im interested in typical qualities such as long term profitability, ability to learn, support resources for the traders, and likelihood of actually surviving to trade my own PnL.

I honestly don't know much technicals about markets so I have no preference toward trading a particular product. I just want to make sure I am working with whoever the smartest and best capitalized people are in the industry. any thoughts?

thanks for the help guys.

6. Well, I know Susquehanna has a great name, to be honest I am not familiar with the other firm..

I know when the NASDAQ market maker division of my firm closed down, a few guys got jobs down there and seemed to really like it.

I havent spoken to them, so I am not sure if they are even still there.

7. ajacobson

ajacobson

CTC then Shelly Natenberg is their head of education and there is none better.

8. rosy2

rosy2

2 offers? when did drw and susq merge? or you full of sh*t

9. lbt282

lbt282

I mean to say I have an offer from either Susquehanna or DRW but would prefer not to disclose which of the two, and do not have the need to because i already understand that they are of similar calibre.

10. Surdo

Surdo

There is no need to defend yourself to anybody here.

#10     Mar 13, 2009