Chicago Trading Careers

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by tradertony76, Dec 13, 2004.

1. nitro

nitro

It's not a totally terrrible attitude. If you really can feel like you can take a $100 bill, take a torch to it and burn it and not feel bad, you _might_ succeed after the trashing you will get at -$2400.

Thing is, do you really think that is going to be enough to make you profitable? Probably not in my experience...All you will have at the end of it is -$2400 and a believe that trading is gambling.

Let me give you a little history of what the markets are like. There was once alot of money being thrown around in the markets. This made the food chain not so bad. At one end ofthe spectrum there were the sharks, and at the other there were the guppies. But there were so many guppies that the big shrimp could feed on the little shrimp. In those days, the little shrimp could even pick on the whales that came by with their titanic inflows that everyone made money.

Now the situation today. There is little if any shrimp left in the sea. There are mostly sharks, and they are really really pissed that there is no shrimp to eat. So when a paper trading newbie shrimp comes in, there is this feeding frenzie for that shrimp. Imagine yourself benig a little shrimp and 200 piranhas see you as food. The situation is so bad that only the big sharks are left and there is lots of cannibalism going on amongst the sharks that the weakest of the sharks have bit the dust.

Welcome to the eMini Stock Index Futures.

nitro

#11     Dec 18, 2004
  2. Tbill1

Tbill1

This has been discussed before. There is very little reason to go "prop futures" If you have 5k to trade and limit yourself to E-mini 1 lots (NQ would be cheaper than ES), you won't get hurt too bad (if you use stops). You would have plenty of leverage and the 5k should last you for a while.

Tbill

#12     Dec 18, 2004
  3. Are you still at IIT?

#13     Nov 25, 2006
  4. Tuneman

Tuneman

I am having trouble even getting an Assistant trader position, and I graduated from a top 50 college, with a degree in physics. Its awful trying to get into trading companies out there.

#14     Nov 25, 2006
  5. 2006

Fuck TT. I'll take out the panzies using TT with my $50 /year subscription using Zero Line Trader.

Why people use such expensive Front Ends boggles my mind -- but what the hell do I know, I'm just some retail chump right?

#15     Nov 25, 2006
  6. where have you applied?

#16     Nov 25, 2006