Chicago shops

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by bandini, Oct 14, 2006.

1. bandini

bandini

Does anyone know anything about the following groups: Cheiron, Boss, Eldorado, Spot, Chicago Trading Services? Thanks.

2. 4xxxx

4xxxx

I would stay awaqy from Boss. A friend I know recently interviewed there and said their office ( inside the Gelber group) was a complete sh*thole...comparable to a bad college fraternity house with couches that looked lilke they were pee stained. I think they trade most products during European hours between midnight and 9am. I have a lot a respect for my friend and he said the manager of the group ( of Asian descent..I cannot remember his name) was a complete tool, clueless, very young and seemed in over his head. They have not been around very long so I would be hesitant to put all your marbles in such an unestablished group. That being said, Gelber group ( the parent) is a very respectable firm and Boss sounds like it is simply a small prop group that rents some space and clears under the Gelber name.

3. AMW

AMW

Eldorado is run by some pretty smart guys who do well. In the second interview you learn that the job is to work the night shift for 4 yrs. This was last year............it may be different now.

4. 832b

832b

i don't have any info on the firms in questions but.......my suggestion is to ask the tough questions as to how the firm makes money. if it's completely from a profit split and a resonable overhead fee, that's fine. sometimes firms add on a little charge per contract and i think that is bogus.

also a good way to size up character is to ask if there have every been disciplinary actions by any exchange towards the principles in any capacity.

a bad firm is like a roach motel, easy to check into, hard to check out of.

5. bandini

bandini

Thanks for your help.

6. nate79

nate79

Is Eldorado the firm the trades the eurodollar?