Chicago Prop firms

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by jswieton, Sep 19, 2005.

1. litxus

litxus

Hey, I have been looking to get into trading aound Chicago area (assistant trader, junior trader or similar), and haven't found anything (means I didn't get invited to an interview). Is there a list of companies (besided the ones mentioned on first page)? It seems that most companies require either really good school like University of Chicago, or math/ computer science / engineering background. I'm 26 years old with Bachelors in Finance from UIC. Would I bee too old to start a trading career or be considered as a candidate? Any responses appreciated. Thanks.

#61     Jun 10, 2008
  2. Jimmy3

Jimmy3

Just out of curiosity what kind of arb you think is possible with grains these days ??

#62     Jun 11, 2008
  3. not for someone like you who is on the ES sim, someone who is in the pit and can recognize discrepencies between the big ones and the minis on the screen like people did in spooz for years, that will be gone soon so forget about it. Develop your edge and try it if you don't have an edge do not bother as you will be eaten alive, the spooz suck anyways with the algos that keep it in a 4 handle range for hours at a time that trade sucks move on to the yield curve or energy that is moving a lot right now.

#63     Jun 11, 2008
  4. dr_sean

dr_sean

by spooz do you mean SPs?

#64     Jun 11, 2008
  5. S&P 500=spooz
    Russell=Rusty
    Nasdaq=Nasty
    just some trader nicknames for them...

#65     Jun 11, 2008