Chicago Prop firms

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by jswieton, Sep 19, 2005.

1. some of them have gone under... others reduced their operations substantially. Refco's one that reduced their size.

#41     Oct 12, 2005

2. Were you in the financials or grains? I know Fin is dead, and grains had a DEAD period. You could probably try to get back in the grains as a clerk on their new handheld devices. A lot of the 'old timers' down there absolutely HATE those things, and will probably throw $100/wk for someone to do it for them. Get about 5-6 guys to use you, $500-600 or more a week if you can keep up.

#42     Oct 12, 2005
  3. cml2949

cml2949

Can you please be more detailed.. What have you came across to make you have such a bias opinion?

Thanks,

Chuck

Few more Groups....

Hanley Group
    Dorman Trading
    Timber Hill
    Chicago Trading Group
    Electronic Trading Group
    Vankar Trading
    Sangamon Trading
    Morris Trading
    Platinum Trading
    Breakwater Trading
    Bunge Chicago
    Flackus Trading
    Group One

#43     Oct 12, 2005
  4. cml2949

cml2949

I was in the Grains (Bean options).. Are you in the Bond room? Beans was pretty busy during the summer, and towards the end died down a bit.. I've been looking at some Groups in the CME thinking it might be busy during the winter.. But have been unsuccessful at both exchanges in getting a clerk position.. For your idea, that pay isn't bad, especially since I would be getting more experience.. How could I get started in that, when many groups don't seem to want to hire "outsiders" to join their group unless I went to Umich business school or have more than a undergrad degree?

#44     Oct 12, 2005
  5. Seems he had a unpleasant experience with the firm with who I am not sure. He spends alot of time and energy on these boards trying to bash Echo. From what I have gathered from these boards he had some traders he was receiving overrides and either him or the traders stop producing and he was let go or the firm stopped paying him the overrides and he had nothing in writing.

Still not 100% certain who he is or what happened.

#45     Oct 13, 2005
  6. Guys,

Thanks for all the fun, if you have any questions for the firm call the 800 number on the website. I am going to head back to work, I suggest you all do they same.

Jungleland I hope you find inner peace with whatever may happened to you. For real guys don't spend to much time on these boards there is a ton of money out there right now in the market. Spend all your time and energy on finding the next trade.

Back to business, will check back in a few months!

Brian

fyi..... There is no ECHO NYC manager the office is firm owned and run by a team of people for over 2 years. You may want to play catch up what is going on in the company.

#46     Oct 13, 2005
  7. rtrading

rtrading

Another Echo branch in Chicago has a posting on Monster, run by a trader named Chad. I highly recommend them. They are a stand up branch of a stand up firm.

Good luck.

#47     Oct 13, 2005
  8. okwon

okwon

Doesn't Echo require a deposit?

If so, they are not a true prop firm like the others that have been mentioned, where they actually back you and give you a salary along with a split.

#48     Oct 13, 2005
  9. Anybody know?

Anybody know of some new names?

#49     Nov 25, 2006
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

Yes, Echo does require a deposit.

#50     Nov 25, 2006