Chicago prop firm, need automated trading API, desk, computer, etc.

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by garchbrooks, Mar 6, 2010.

1. I posted earlier, didn't get too much interesting info.

Need a prop setup in Chicago, need a desk, access, a computer on which I can run custom-written software, and a reasonable API. I do a bit of discretionary stuff, bit of automated stuff. Will take me some time to port automated code to the custom API, so it would be nice to have a test interface/test account -before- committing fully, but will consider many options.

Preferably not a Genesis sub-LLC, because their API is hard to test and work with outside of the active trading day during which I'm trying to actually make money.

Posted before, got one response, not much else.

2. inktomii

inktomii

The reason you didn't get any info is that there are posts on this subject. You can get demo accounts thru the platform providers to test your strategies. And there are lists all over the internet and this site for prop firms.

Try the handy search on the top right hand side of this web site.

3. nitro

nitro

Call John Knott at VTrader.

4. Problem with Chicago-related posts is that the results are mixed with the HFT firms, which is -not- where I want to go. I don't want to call these guys up and be like, "Hey, I want to run a piddly retail trader strategy on your million dollar infrastructure. Oh, and I need a computer. No, I don't need microsecond latency, I'd be happy if I got filled in 30 seconds." I'd be wasting my time and their time, and they'd laugh me out of town.

5. I agree with calling John Knott at Vtrader...but if you don't mind getting a Series 7, and putting up some money.. we have a location on the Goldman floor above the CBOE. PM me if you like.

Don