Chicago Pizza

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rehoboth, Sep 30, 2012.

1. 1) (Fine print) Cooking time may vary based on your oven's manufacturer. :cool:
    2) You can't expect people to calculate the average/midpoint of 20 and 22 "in their heads". :eek: :( :mad: :p :D :) :cool:

#11     Oct 1, 2012
  2. .....by Al Capone, no less? :(

#12     Oct 1, 2012
  3. No it isn't. I eat a lot of cheap frozen pizzas. Cook 20 for softer crust 22 for crisper. personally i go for the crispy :)

i'm no genius either

#13     Oct 1, 2012
  4. the instructions on those things need to include...

'how to avoid burning roof of mouth without eating pizza cold.'

i suspect you will never see those instructions on the box because there is about a 3 second window where that is possible. :cool:

#14     Oct 1, 2012
  5. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

When I was there, I liked the pizzas from Pizza Uno( especially the one with pesto )but not those from Giordano's. Way too much tomato sauce which wasn't good by the way.

#15     Oct 1, 2012
  6. Walmart has a good cheap frozen pizza. Anything in the "rising crust" family won't disappoint.

#16     Oct 1, 2012
  7. Big fan of Gino's East...

Found Harris Teeter stocks Gino's 2lb 10" Deep dishes for $8.
    Closest fix i've found on the east coast.

#17     Oct 1, 2012
  8. dcvtss

dcvtss

Has anyone here ever tried St. Louis pizza? No offense if anyone is from the area but that stuff is an abomination.

#18     Oct 1, 2012
  9. nursebee

nursebee

I am willing to travel to Chicago for the best pizza,

Where should I go?

#19     Oct 2, 2012
  10. jem

jem

Pizza Uno in Pacific Beach San Diego was pretty good Chicago Pizza. I was young and did not want to shell out that much for a pizza often but when I did it was excellent the first few years.

I really like good chicago and good new york pizza.. but only the authentic variety you find in NYC... westchester So Ct. and parts of florida.

most other pizza is sort of a dried stew with cheese.

#20     Oct 2, 2012