Chicago Office Space

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by elindydotcom, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Hi:

I was thinking about getting office space in Downtown Chicago (River North/ Loop). I've looked at the shared office space companies (Regus etc.) but figured there might be an office building that houses a few traders in the area. Before I commit to an office environment that doesn't have traders, I thought I'd throw a message out here just to see what pops up. I'm looking for a private office with a window (about 130 SQ FT would be ideal). I'm not looking to switch brokers or join a prop firm or anything like that - I just need nice office space so I can get out of my condo and join the rest of the world on a daily basis. If anyone has ideas or suggestions I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

-eLindy

PS: Yeah, the CME building has office space but only larger ones for groups of 4+ right now. The smaller offices seem to be snapped up right away.

2. Who is your broker? I think Advantage offers office space, but I know you said you don't want to switch brokers.

3. Hi FCX:

Yeah, no changing brokers - current broker is Tradestation/RJO. Looks like I might end up in 150 N Michigan or 401 N Michigan...they're the best one-person offices within the budget that I've seen so far...

-eLindy

4. I tried to get this going last year, and got 0 responses. If you find a good space with a little room let me know. I'm currently sharing some space in the west loop with a buddy who runs a new start up company, but it might be nice to be around some traders.

5. ofthomas

ofthomas

hmmm... have you done a CBA to what you are asking yet? you will still need reliable internet connectivity... going with advantage trading out of their office, and switching brokers, might not be a bad thing considering the cost you will have to overcome on a monthly basis before you even make $$$...

6. Hi KingDong:

Yeah, I guess there aren't too many independent trading offices in Chicago. So, for now it seems as if I am going to get shared office space using Regus or Amata - they have nice 1 person offices. I really have no interest in opening up a shared trading office - trying to find traders to offset the costs is probably not the best use of my time.

Thanks.

-eLindy

7. Hi ofthomas:

Thanks for the CBA suggestion but of course that's already done. Changing brokers is not an option and, frankly, I am very happy with my current [broker].

Thanks.

-eLindy

8. Couldn't agree more, especially on ET, LOL

9. ofthomas

ofthomas

10. I looked at that site before - was thinking along the same lines - buy a small office condo. I didn't see anything I liked and the I am on the fence about tying up trading capital like that....

Thanks for the suggestions!

-eLindy

#10     Feb 4, 2013