Chicago most corrupt city in the nation!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Brass

Brass

"30 aliases?" You're beginning to annoy me, Mav. Next time, if you wish to keep a topic off limits, then perhaps you should not bring it up in the first place. Just saying.

Also, I was rather intrigued by your other remark earlier:
    I think it's fascinating that you're disgruntled by what the Democrats have done to your fine city and that the obvious and only alternative is Tibet. I suppose that's why no one ever moves. Because the only alternative is Tibet, of course. I would have thought that an affluent "community" of traders, however many they may number, and who are disgruntled with local politics, could move wherever they please. That is, until I was informed that Tibet is the only game out of town.

#31     Feb 15, 2012
  2. 'Chicago politics is a national cliché, evoking images of a one-party system, dominated by a boss-controlled Democratic political machine whose crafty politicians dangle patronage before competing ethnic and racial groups in return for votes. As early as the 1871 municipal election following the tragic fire, the defeated People's Union accused the victorious “Fireproof” ticket of exhorting its supporters to “vote early and often.'

Nice start about bad democrats.

When reform Republicans captured control of the Common Council in the late 1890s, they behaved exactly as had the ousted Democrats. Republicans replaced all Democratic appointees with their own followers, a practice the Republicans had decried when done by Democrats.

Nice read as they say: http://encyclopedia.chicagohistory.org/pages/989.html

I don't think either party has a hold on Chicago politics, just local politicians do what they do best I guess. When in doubt, blame the other guy or party I guess.

c

#32     Feb 15, 2012
  3. pspr

pspr

Does that make Obama the most corrupt politician in the United States?

#33     Feb 15, 2012
  4. I think it's fascinating that your life is so empty in Canada that you desperately and pathetically stalk us and our politics.

#34     Feb 15, 2012