Chicago most corrupt city in the nation!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/02/14/chicago-called-most-corrupt-city-in-nation/

Thank you Democrats!!!!!!! They run this entire city.

Chicago Called Most Corrupt City In Nation
    February 14, 2012 12:28 PM

CHICAGO (CBS) — A former Chicago alderman turned political science professor/corruption fighter has found that Chicago is the most corrupt city in the country.

He cites data from the U.S. Department of Justice to prove his case. And, he says, Illinois is third-most corrupt state in the country.

University of Illinois professor Dick Simpson estimates the cost of corruption at $500 million.

LISTEN: WBBM Newsradio’s John Cody Reports

It’s essentially a corruption tax on citizens who bear the cost of bad behavior (police brutality, bogus contracts, bribes, theft and ghost pay-rolling to name a few) and the costs needed to prosecute it.

“We first of all, we have a long history,” Simpson said. “The first corruption trial was in 1869 when alderman and county commissioners were convicted of rigging a contract to literally whitewash City Hall.”

Corruption, he said, is intertwined with city politics

“We have had machine politics since the Great Chicago Fire of 1871,” he said. “Machine politics breeds corruption inevitably.”

Simpson says Hong Kong and Sydney were two similarly corrupt cities that managed to change their ways. He says Chicago can too, but it will take decades.

He’ll be presenting his work before the new Chicago Ethics Task Force meeting tomorrow at City Hall.

2. 377OHMS

377OHMS

They've got what 2 or 3 former governors in prison and Rahm "dead fish" Emmanual serving as mayor.

They pay HUGE property taxation, HUGE income taxes and HUGE sales tax but they cannot balance the state budget.

Chicago is the asshole of the earth and Obama is the huge turd that issued forth.

3. Max E.

Max E.

Dont know why you continue to subject yourself to that city..... I guess you have to stay cause of your business?

The only thing keeping that city afloat is the large portion of the financial industry that is there, once they get sick of it, Chicago is going to look exactly the same as Detroit, a bunch of beareurcrats all fighting for their piece of someone elses pie....

4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Where do you live Max? Pitt right?

I can see Chicago getting really bad down the road. Tourism is still really strong here and that provides a nice uptick in tax support. They are still trying to get the Olympics I think down the road. The problem is the city council is all democrat. They need "some" balance. The unions run this city. If the financial firms left, this city is done.

5. Max E.

Max E.

Pittsburgh? Hell no! Must have thought that cause im a Steelers fan... :D

Originally moved to California when i left Canada..... I figured it couldnt be as bad as people thought... Big screw up on my part, sold the house i tried picking up there at the bottom of the market for a loss....

Currently in Canada waiting to take possession of my house in Phoenix, then i plan on living in my house in Canada in the Summer/spring, and Phoenix in the winter, its a big pain in the ass bouncing back and foreword, because i need to pay attention to the amount of time i spend in each country to make sure i dont spend to much time in Canada, and end up having to pay Canadian taxes, its complicated under U.S./Canadian tax treaties.....Ricter probably knows exactly what im talking about....

We think we have it bad in the states..... in Canada you go to 40% income tax rate once you make 70k per year, or something in that area, and no deduction for interest on your mortgage....

6. Typical....bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch......but won't move.....so how bad can it really be?:D

7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Sorry. LOL. I didn't know Pitt was that bad. So Toronto?

I hear Scottsdale is nice. Only been to the airport in Phoenix. I'm sure real estate is cheap there now. A lot of Chicagoans have left for Phoenix. Except RCG of course, he thinks Arizona is full of racists. :)

8. Nice dodge, and now why are you still the most corrupt city in America? You are a successful trader who actually has a method and not a gimmick, right? Therefore, you trade anywhere there is the internet, right.

So, was this an actual discussion about Chicago, or another sad anti-liberal rant? I mean, the day I get tired of the corn fields, I can move. Why can't you if it is sooooo terrible?

9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Huh? Ron I've been running an office for 6 years. I can't pick up my office and move it. Jesus son. Come on. We discussed this over PM. This is getting old. Enough already.

10. Well, maybe, just saying. Mobility is probably the biggest of prizes on can have. I just figured as a trader, you could pack up your office and move to another space. Seems simple to me. I don't require an office, so I would not know.

#10     Feb 14, 2012