Chicago more dangerous than Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Politics' started by LEAPup, Jul 11, 2013.

1. LEAPup

LEAPup

Gotta love it. The most politically corrupt city in America with the most archaic gun laws just happens to outpace Afghanistan in murders. Hmmmmm... Onazi comes from there, and he wants more gun control in America. Wonder how that would work out?:eek: :mad:

I served in Iraq twice, and am stunned that Chicago could outpace that shithole as well as Afghanistan in terms of murders. I wore close to 55lbs of body armor in Iraq... Just wow is all I can say.:eek: :(

2. BSAM

BSAM

Chicago more dangerous than Afghanistan

But neither are as dangerous to the average USA citizen as Barack Obama, the IRS, or the NSA.

3. JamesL

JamesL

Ill. Rep Requests National Guard Help Stop Chicago Violence

CHICAGO, Ill. (IRN) - Gun violence in Chicago is so severe that a state lawmaker wants state police and the National Guard to assist the local cops.

State Rep. Monique Davis (D-Chicago) is making the request.

“I am requesting with this press conference that Gov. Patrick Quinn order the Illinois National Guard (and) the Illinois State Police (to) come to Chicago and work with our mayor Ron (sic) Emanuel to provide safety for the children, especially,” she said at a news conference in Springfield.

Other state lawmakers accompanied Davis to recognize the severity of the problem, and the extent to which it carries beyond Chicago’s troubled neighborhoods to the entire city and other parts of the state, but not necessarily to concur with her solution.

Over the holiday weekend, 74 people were shot and 12 killed in Chicago, and Davis says the police don’t have the manpower to make arrests.

However, she said that if these state personnel are called in, a special commission must be set up to make sure they have clear orders on what to do each day.

“We don’t want them to have us fearing them also,” she said.

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2013/07/10/ill-rep-requests-national-guard-help-stop-chicago-violence/

4. LEAPup

LEAPup

James, thanks for the post. I was too lazy last night to try to find a link. I saw the report on Fox news.

Anyhow, this should really point out something about gun control. Chicago has the most outrageous anti gun laws around, and they're now more dangerous than Afghanistan?:eek: :eek: :eek:

5. .....a special commission must be set up to make sure they have clear orders on what to do each day.

bolo for black people.....:cool:

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

I wonder why they have so much gun violence. I mean what with citizens banned from carrying firearms and all. Isn't murder also against the law in Chicago?

Ya think maybe just maybe the criminals ignore the laws? ALL of them.

7. pspr

pspr

I'll admit I am baffled by the shootings in Chicago, too. I haven't really looked into it with any detail but something unique is happening there.

I've been thinking for a couple years that eventually all the bad eggs will kill each other off and the shootings will dissipate. But that isn't happening - it keeps getting worse.

So, I don't understand the problem. Obviously the authorities don't understand it either our they would solve it.

8. JamesL

JamesL

They will come to the conclusion that they need to raise more revenue on the local businesses to fund inner-city jobs programs for the disadvantaged youth all the while exasperating the problem.

9. The shootings grab the national headlines, but the bigger story is the huge uptick in random muggings and intimidation by large groups of youth's that pick a spot in a prime location in the city and just "take it over". They understand the power in numbers, so if 40 or 50 of them just congregate in one spot, it creates a real big problem.

Just take a look at how much trouble there's been in the "Gold Coast" or Lincoln Park. Those areas were pretty much untouched by this sort of stuff.

Kind of has a "Clockwork Orange" vibe to it.

10. JamesL

JamesL