Chicago Mayoral Race

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Man, this is the problem with this city. Nobody cares. Voter turnout today was abysmal. Absolutely abysmal. Ghost towns at precincts all over the city. This is a pretty big election. We only have an election like this every 25 years and no one cares.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward-room/Election-2011-116658264.html

It looks like we might get a runoff.

2. 377OHMS

377OHMS

They know the fix is in. Its chicago ain't it?

3. pspr

pspr

The only runoff will be from Rahm pissing on all the other candidates. Obama promised Rahm he could be King... I mean Mayor of Chicago.

4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Rham wins. It's over. Thanks guys. Thanks a lot. Thanks for coming out.

5. Why did they even bother with an election. The fix was in, just as I predicted.

By DON BABWIN and DEANNA BELLANDI, Associated Press Don Babwin And Deanna Bellandi, Associated Press – 1 min ago

CHICAGO – Former White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel has been elected mayor of Chicago, to succeed the retiring Richard Daley.

With 86 percent of the precincts reporting, Emanuel was trouncing five opponents Tuesday with 55 percent of the vote to avoid an April runoff. Emanuel needed more than 50 percent of the vote to win.

6. Seems to me that none of the other bought and paid for candidates were an improvement over The Rahminator. It's just the sad state of affairs in this country...

7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

8. 377OHMS

377OHMS

The most corrupt city in the world just got the most corrupt mayor in history.

The entire city of chicago must be packed with stupid people.

9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

well its not packed. the population is falling rapidly.

as for the "most corrupt" mayor, did you look closely at the other candidates?

the whole race was nothing more than "prettiest pig".

10. Lucrum

Lucrum

Not unlike what our presidential races have become.

#10     Feb 23, 2011