Chicago FX operation

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by Maverick74, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Skype? I rather talk over phone. PM me your number.

#41     Jul 16, 2006
  2. Hmm, oh sure, the one area that I couldn't match (giggle). Treading Fees! I am sure that the business you give them is significant. You wouldn't have to take all that space. That' just letting you know what is available. I could easily provide you with less. I can master the full space and you could sub.

The space lends itself very well for shared office space duties. I can easily staff the general stuff. You can concentrate on just your trading duties. :)

#42     Jul 16, 2006
  3. Many energy shops already do this.

#43     Jul 21, 2006
  4. What benefits could you offer me if I came over from Oanda? Could I continue at Oanda and get my hands on some more capital?

I have 25k

Would I be able to trade in 10k increments?

Would I have to reveal my strategy?

Could I trade remote?

#44     Jul 23, 2006
  5. interesting thread, just noticed it, cause i am currently looking at alternatives to say BarX etc for access to the full spectrum of FX derivatives at acceptable spreads...

reason there are loads of spot traders is spreads are shite on FX options (c. 10 pips) if you hadn't noticed... offer 1-2 pips and you'll get a lot of biz going, guaranteed!

#45     Dec 11, 2006
  6. The real question I guess is that with so much leverage in FX trading or using FX futures, what is the added benefit of doing it through prop? I am not asking this because I do not like the idea, I am asking because that is the main hurdle to get over and answer to make it successful. Many people already get good overnight leverage with spot forex or with futures fx so to attract people to a prop FX, you need to highlight the distintive characteristics that will make people leave the OANDA, GFT, IBs etc or not just trade the FX futures like I do through a prop.

Good luck!

#46     Dec 11, 2006
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

The advantage is the cross margin treatment of all your postions.

Being able to trade spot, futures, options and exotics all in the same account with one risk based haircut. Also, the ability to get much tighter spreads on cross rates and less liquid pairs.

#47     Dec 11, 2006
  8. Maverick74,

For when would this be ?

#48     Dec 12, 2006
  9. rosy2

rosy2

do they do this for small investors? I can buy the equivalent of clearport of otc ICE products through someone?

#49     Dec 12, 2006
  10. mcurto

mcurto

Gelber might be doing something like this or it might be something more like a FICC division (like Goldman, Lehman, Citi, etc).

#50     Dec 12, 2006