Chicago Exchanges Eyeing Exit From City Over High Taxes

Discussion in 'Economics' started by JamesL, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Not to worry, all of these "wilding" incidents will kill off alot of summer tourism to that city. They can bullshit all they want, but many different organizations have already told visitors to stay away from Michigan Avenue. Think about that for a second, it's the prime tourist destination part of Chicago and the wilding incidents are going unchecked in the supposedly safest part of the city.

Chicago is going to follow the path of Detroit.

#21     Jun 10, 2011
  2. An idiot like Governor Quinn will bend over and give handouts to any corporation that makes any noise. More politburo type of politics. Small businesses eat the cost of these tax increases, but if your TBTL (Too Big To Leave), then they will kiss your ass and either give your company some TIF funds or other tax breaks/concessions.

Did you guys know that the state still has been having problems refunding tax payments to businesses from returns filed 3-4 years ago. They've literally put any number of small businesses out of business because they're too broke to issue the refunds.

Meanwhile, they can figure out any number of ways to give Motorola $115 million to keep some 2500 jobs in state.

#22     Jun 10, 2011
  3. LeeD

LeeD

Motorola pays for re-election campaign and small businesses usually don't.

#23     Jun 10, 2011
  4. the1

the1

If you want to see how a to run an extremely corrupt city or state simply come to the state of Illinois or the City of Chicago. I have a feeling that the reason Daley quit as Mayor is because he probably caught wind that the Feds were investigating him and were planning on prosecuting him right after they'd finished with Blagojevich. The Daley's were never quitters. The old man died in office for crying out loud. Daley (the younger) was probably more crooked than the old man. It's simply how Chicago politics has always been. Daley probably left office from pressure from the Feds. That might explain the population drop over the past 50 years but who knows. It's still an incredible city. The night life is almost as good as New York's. Man...the fun I've down on Division St!!!

#24     Jun 10, 2011
  5. What?

I have been in TX for 10 years and wash my car only once a year

:)

How can drought affect anybody living in a city? Are you a farmer?

#25     Jun 11, 2011
  6. AMT !!!

Austin Mercantile Trading!!!

Austin, TX baby!!! :eek:

:D

We could have "concealed carry" in the open outcry pits!!! :eek:

#26     Jun 11, 2011
  7. Maybe a return of the SOES Bandits?!?! :eek: :D

#27     Jun 11, 2011
  8. Another reason to BAIL FAST on Chicago........Larry Silverstein owns BUILDINGS there! :eek:

#28     Jun 11, 2011
  9. Most likely CME isn't going anywhere. I can't imagine Chicago would allow that to happen. They would make some sort of private tax negotiation or something i would imagine.

Having said that, globex data center, server farm, can be located anywhere more or less and as for the floor, well... would it be that big a deal to move the pits to NYMEX

#29     Jun 11, 2011
  10. bpcnabe

bpcnabe

Yes. The NYMEX pits can't handle it, even tho there is a floor sitting empty.

#30     Jun 11, 2011